Posts with tag "commercial"
- Posted Feb 5th 2011 at 11:00 AM by Justine Goodman
Football: It's a uniquely American phenomenon, from the game itself to the diehard fans. And this Sunday millions of Americans will flock to sports bars and house parties across the country to watch the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers vie for NFL gold at Super Bowl XLV. But the game itself isn't the only reason why the Super Bowl is consistently the most-watched television event of...
- Posted Nov 8th 2010 at 03:36 PM by Sarah Crow
Robert Downey Jr. has starred in some of the last decade's biggest blockbusters, so it may surprise fans to hear that he's taking on, quite literally, one of the smallest parts in showbiz. The actor has signed on as the voice behind Mr. Peanut, the iconic face of Planters peanuts. In an effort to modernize the face of the brand, Planters' parent company, Kraft Foods, has given the previously...
- Posted Mar 6th 2010 at 03:30 PM by Scott Harris
As one of the top advertising executives in the country, 'Mad Men's' Don Draper is often faced with the challenge of finding just the right pitchmen to push his product to the general populace. Now he's come up with the perfect celebrity to represent Mecredes-Benz: himself. Yes, in the latest instance of life-imitating-art-imitating-life, The New York Times is reporting that Jon Hamm has...
- Posted Jan 9th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Liana Maeby
Everywhere we look, people are up in arms about a NYC Health commercial that depicts a man drinking a glass of slimy, viscous fat. Meant to highlight the health problems associated with sodas and sugary beverages, the spot is guaranteed to make anyone who watches it to lose their lunch or maybe never eat lunch again. With the chub-cup in mind, we put together a list of some of the most vile,...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 03:10 PM by Kipp Tribble
We sit through fewer commercials these days, thanks to the niftiness of DVRs around the world, but sometimes an ad will catch your eye. It just sticks out more than the others. Whether it be because of the comedy, the visuals, design, effects, music, or writing, the ad rises above the rest. There could be many reasons for this, but PopEater would like to concentrate on when film directors take a...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 05:02 PM by Brenna Ehrlich
There's something about the scope, range and ridiculousness of the Dos Equis 'Most Interesting Man in the World' commercials that's undeniably genius, leaving us feeling obligated to find out who the bearded sassy gentleman behind them is in real life. It turns out, the beer-shilling Hemingway-meets-Hefner patriot is actually actor Jonathan Goldsmith, previously of 'Dallas' and 'T.J. Hooker'...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Holmes Celebrates Suri's Birthday with Cupcake Greeting
- Love Blooms, and Fades, in PEOPLE's Most Provocative Stories of the Week
- Miley Cyrus Wears Duck-Face Oxygen Mask, Postpones U.S. Bangerz Tour
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO