Posts with tag "commercials"
- Posted Mar 6th 2010 at 03:30 PM by Scott Harris
As one of the top advertising executives in the country, 'Mad Men's' Don Draper is often faced with the challenge of finding just the right pitchmen to push his product to the general populace. Now he's come up with the perfect celebrity to represent Mecredes-Benz: himself. Yes, in the latest instance of life-imitating-art-imitating-life, The New York Times is reporting that Jon Hamm has ...
- Posted Jan 9th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Liana Maeby
Everywhere we look, people are up in arms about a NYC Health commercial that depicts a man drinking a glass of slimy, viscous fat. Meant to highlight the health problems associated with sodas and sugary beverages, the spot is guaranteed to make anyone who watches it to lose their lunch or maybe never eat lunch again. With the chub-cup in mind, we put together a list of some of the most vile, ...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 03:10 PM by Kipp Tribble
We sit through fewer commercials these days, thanks to the niftiness of DVRs around the world, but sometimes an ad will catch your eye. It just sticks out more than the others. Whether it be because of the comedy, the visuals, design, effects, music, or writing, the ad rises above the rest. There could be many reasons for this, but PopEater would like to concentrate on when film directors take a ...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 05:02 PM by Brenna Ehrlich
There's something about the scope, range and ridiculousness of the Dos Equis 'Most Interesting Man in the World' commercials that's undeniably genius, leaving us feeling obligated to find out who the bearded sassy gentleman behind them is in real life. It turns out, the beer-shilling Hemingway-meets-Hefner patriot is actually actor Jonathan Goldsmith, previously of 'Dallas' and 'T.J. Hooker' ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gasp! Lauren Conrad, Queen of the Long Blonde Waves, Now Has Bangs
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Fun Fiction for the Start of Summer
- Why Alex O'Loughlin's House Is a 'Man Factory'
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
- Pop Culture Pet Peeve: Chain your door if you're in danger!
- Lucille Bluth vs. the Disney Princesses
- Robert Kirkman talks about his crime comic ?Thief of Thieves.' Plus: check out the first four pages of the new issue ? EXCLUSIVE