Posts with tag "conan obrien"
- Posted Oct 14th 2010 at 11:41 AM by PopEater Staff
Conan O'Brien is gearing up for the TBS debut of 'Conan' on Nov. 8 by showing off a little more grit and some axle grease in his new promo video. Now that he's got Andy Richter on board and with less than a month until his marriage with TBS begins, Conan has released a hilarious video that finds the comedian beating up a stunt double and launching a muscle car filled with explosives and popcorn...
- Posted Oct 12th 2010 at 03:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter have made people laugh together for 17 years, and now the bromance will continue on TBS. According to The Hollywood Reporter, TBS has officially announced that Richter will be back as Conan's sidekick for the new show 'Conan,' which debuts on Nov. 8. "I'm thrilled to be going back to work with Conan, and very excited to start a whole new venture on TBS,"...
- Posted Oct 7th 2010 at 01:47 PM by Zach Dionne
Max Weinberg, Conan O'Brien's band leader and drummer since 1993, now reveals the reason he won't take part in the new TBS show 'Conan' was a "massively invasive open-heart surgery." The surgery took place two weeks after O'Brien's version of 'The Tonight Show' shut down. Weinberg, Bruce Springsteen's drummer and leader of The Max Weinberg 7 and Max Weinberg and the Tonight Show Band, tells...
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 10:01 AM by Zach Dionne
Sex sells, sure. But get a gigantic redheaded funnyman sensually washing a car desk while fully clothed, it sells and makes us laugh. The first trailer for Conan O'Brien's upcoming TBS show features Coco scrubbing down his desk to the tune of Def Leppard's 'Pour Some Sugar on Me,' spitting foam and whipping his wet hair to the glorious sound of '80s hair metal. See the clip: ...
- Posted Sep 26th 2010 at 11:23 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
The beat goes on for Conan O'Brien -- but it won't be provided by Max Weinberg, according to former bandmate Jimmy Vivino. While the late-night host is prepping a November debut on his new network (and presumably basking in his old network's announcement Friday that Jeff Zucker is exiting NBC), his drummer since 1993, leader of 'The Max Weinberg 7' and 'Max Weinberg and the Tonight Show Band,'...
- Posted Sep 8th 2010 at 09:15 AM by Mike Ryan
Last Wednesday, Conan O'Brien revealed the title of his new chucklefest on TBS. The title: 'Conan.' Well, that was easy enough. But this got us wondering about other television shows named after the host or lead actor. What's the success rate? To find out, we scurried through the titles of almost every show in the history of American television. We had to set up a few rules: We're talking about...
- Posted Sep 3rd 2010 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Jay Leno is still the king of late night TV, but he's not scoring the kinds of ratings that matter most to the networks. According to The Hollywood Reporter, this summer, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' pulled in its worst ratings on record among the coveted-by-advertisers 18-49 demographic, while still gaining more overall viewers than last summer....
- Posted Sep 1st 2010 at 11:01 AM by PopEater Staff
We're going to spare you any more agonizing waiting: 'Conan'! Vulture exclusively reports, via an awesome video from Coco himself, that O'Brien's new TBS show is going simple with the title. "I wanted one word that captured my essence, and 'Oprah' was already taken," the 47-year-old host says. 'Conan' on TBS will be O'Brien's third late night show, following his 16 years as host of 'Late...
- Posted Aug 21st 2010 at 10:05 AM by Christine Fenno
With the 'Tonight Show' debacle now a distant memory and a new TBS late-night show on the horizon, Conan O'Brien seems to have embraced his wonderfully weirder-than-ever persona as a rockabilly raconteur. Along for the ride is Jack White, whose indie record label Third Man has announced the release of 'And They Call Me Mad?' -- Conan O'Brien's "recently recorded, spoken-word, improvised narrative...
- Posted Jul 31st 2010 at 02:00 PM by Amber James
The next time your mom nags you to "stop playing with your food," tell her about Jason Baalman. The Colorado-based artist has found a delicious way to create celebrity portraits -- by using food. Most recently, he used about 50 bags of four different flavors of Cheetos to create a portrait of Rachael Ray. (He did a similar creation with Conan O'Brien in January.) He has experimented with other...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Is This Modern Chateau Kim & Kanye's Over-the-Top Wedding Venue?
- Cardinals Pitchers Adorably Botch Frozen Song at Charity Karaoke
- American Idol: Jena Irene and Alex Preston Rule the Night
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- Kate Middleton Meets Little Princesses and Helps Plant a Tree With Prince William—See the Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Will "Remain Hospitalized" for Severe Allergic Reaction to Medication—Exclusive Update!
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments