Posts with tag "corey haim"
- Posted Apr 6th 2010 at 04:07 PM by PopEater Staff
In the few months leading up to his death, Corey Haim visited seven doctors and as many pharmacies to illegally obtain at least 553 prescription pills, California's attorney general said Tuesday. Jerry Brown said his investigation has found that Haim used at least one alias to obtain the meds, which amounted to 195 tablets of Valium, 149 doses of Vicodin, 194 tablets of Soma and 15 tablets of...
- Posted Mar 19th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Jo Piazza
What exactly is the price of fame? We know that celebrities are very well paid. Jennifer Aniston commanded a salary of $27 million last year. That's 843 times the average American's salary of around $32,000 a year. That's a pretty nice premium to get for being famous. But what should that increase pay for? Is it enough to cover the complete lack of privacy afforded famous folks today, the media...
- Posted Mar 18th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
A person thought to be part of the drug ring linked to recently deceased actor Corey Haim has been apprehended, PEOPLE.com reports. "We have confirmed one arrest in the case, but are not releasing any other details," California Attorney General spokeswoman Christine Gasparac says. The investigation began long before Haim's death, Gasparac added. It is not apparent if the suspect in custody...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
In the week since Corey Haim suddenly and tragically passed away, the outpouring of grief from his friends, family and fans has been massive. Now, ex-girlfriend Nicole Eggert is speaking out to Life & Style about the actor's troubled life and his drug addiction, in quotes given exclusively to PopEater. "He didn't want to die," Eggert says in the emotional interview. More exclusive...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 07:37 AM by Jo Piazza
Americans of a certain age were shocked and saddened by the untimely death of actor Corey Haim. As fans, we grow close to celebrities in our own way, and this superficial closeness breeds a hunger for as much information as possible about the tragic events that led up to Haim's death. But maybe there are some things we don't need to hear. Was it necessary for fans of Haim's work to listen to his...
- Posted Mar 16th 2010 at 02:55 PM by PopEater Staff
'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim was laid to rest in his native Toronto on Tuesday in a ceremony attended by more than 200 mourners. Friends and family (his father, Bernie, is shown above) gathered at the Steeles Memorial Chapel a week after the former teen heartthrob died at age 38. Scores of fans watched quietly as attendees entered the chapel for the late-morning service. Among them, Jennifer...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 12:10 PM by PopEater Staff
After much speculation, Corey Feldman has announced that he will not be attending Corey Haim's funeral in Toronto. In a lengthy statement (via E! News), Feldman reveals he'll "remain in Los Angeles quietly mourning and planning his memorial. As a sign of respect, I am asking the media to honor Corey Haim by making the same choice." "In the days following my best friend Corey Haim's death, I...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 09:20 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
When California taxpayers were told last year that they were going to have to foot the bill for Michael Jackson's funeral, there was an uproar, especially considering the singer's substantial fortune. Now, in a similar situation, rumours are swirling that the city of Toronto is going to pay for the funeral of 38-year-old 80s star Corey Haim. The actor and sometime-heartthrob passed away last...
- Posted Mar 14th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Patricia Chui
The death of 38-year-old actor Corey Haim, after a history of drug abuse, was sad news to anyone who remembered him as that cute, gangly, cherub-faced kid from the '80s movies 'Lucas,' 'The Lost Boys' and 'License to Drive.' What's even more tragic is that Haim joins a long list of troubled former child and teen stars -- Brad Renfro, River Phoenix and Jonathan Brandis, to name a few -- who...
- Posted Mar 14th 2010 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Just days after Corey Haim's family solicited donations to fund the late actor's burial, a celebrity memorabilia Web site, Startifacts, has announced they are "giving [Judy Haim] $20,000 directly from our own bank account to be used however she sees fit," Jon Hill, a manager for Startifacts.com, told E! News. The company will donate proceeds from their Haim-related auctions to help defray burial...
Popeater Hot Topics
- PHOTOS: A Day on the Road with Little Big Town
- Senior Citizens React to Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' with Shock and Awe
- Elisa Donovan's Blog: The Lesson I Learned After I Stopped Breastfeeding
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- PopWatch Confessional: Which classic (or ?classic') film have you never seen?
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Cindy Crawford "Destroyed" by Look-Alike 13-Year-Old Daughter Kaia Gerber: See the Proof!
- Deadmau5 Slams Paris Hilton's $1 Million Appearance Fee, Calls Her a "Straight Up Ass"
- Amy Poehler Has the "Angelina Jolie of Vaginas"—8 Hilarious Quotes From Her Book Yes Please