Posts with tag "daily show"
- Posted Feb 5th 2011 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
This week, fans of 'The Daily Show' did a double take as the intro music faded, and the camera zoomed in on Jon Stewart's desk. The host was missing, and in his chair sat one Justin Bieber, suited up with pen in hand for all the faux-news action. The short-lived premise was a silly body-switch involving a magical skull, and Stewart -- pretending to be the teen heartthrob trapped in the creaky ...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 02:32 PM by Christine Fenno
'Daily Show' host Jon Stewart was joined by Stephen Colbert in welcoming thousands to the National Mall for today's highly anticipated 'Rally to Restore Sanity.' The event, also billed as the 'Million Moderate March' and the 'Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear,' after Colbert chose to combine his 'March to Keep Fear Alive' with Stewart's 'Sanity' event (a logical, rational decision that was ...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 12:40 PM by John Mitchell
Wednesday night, Larry King expected (and tried his best) to talk to Jon Stewart about his upcoming "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear," but the ballsy star had other plans and spent much of his time criticizing CNN and the net's choice to replace King with Piers Morgan, who is, according to Stewart, "a British guy no one's heard of." Stewart did reveal that his rally with Comedy Central ...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 06:34 AM by Marc Schneider
'Daily Show' host Jon Stewart announced Thursday that he'll lead a rally on Washington that aims to encourage angry citizens on both sides of the aisle to take it down a notch, or in his words, "stop shouting, throwing and drawing Hitler mustaches on people other than Hitler." The event has been dubbed the "Rally to Restore Sanity" and will be held on the National Mall on Oct. 30. "It's real," ...
- Posted Nov 12th 2009 at 02:01 PM by PopEater Staff
Footage used in Sean Hannity's report on last week's anti-health care reform rally conjures a famous song lyric: "All the leaves are brown." The FOX News host was caught beefing up the attendance at the Nov. 6 event by showing clips from the much-much-larger Tea Party rally in September, when the trees bordering the Mall in Washington were flush with live leaves. Jon Stewart and his 'Daily ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston Gets (Nearly) Naked as a Stripper in We're the Millers
- Phineas and Ferb Mash-Up Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Earl Morse Helps Fly World War II Veterans to See Their Memorial
- Ryan Gosling's 'Only God Forgives' booed at Cannes, called 'a defecation'
- 'Hangover Part III' review: It is somehow even worse than the second
- Seemingly age-free stars
- ?Nashville' season finale: Every kind of cliffhanger
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Five ?Arrested Development' fanfiction ? aka Bluthcest ? stories you didn't know existed