Posts with tag "davidletterman"
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 01:37 PM by Scott Harris
In Hollywood, people are often judged less by the content of their character and more by the content of their wallet. Stars have taken to buying up ever more ostentatious items in order to best display their wealth for all to see. Jay Leno, for instance, owns a fleet of rare and vintage automobiles. John Travolta doesn't just own his own jet, he owns a Boeing 707. And Oprah Winfrey? Well, Oprah...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 05:37 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
A Palestinian shopkeeper and father portrayed as a terrorist in the movie 'Bruno' is suing film star Sacha Baron Cohen, David Letterman and others for libel and slander. The lawsuit filed last week by Ayman Abu Aita in District of Columbia federal court seeks $110 million in damages. In the movie, Baron Cohen plays a gay Austrian fashion journalist trying to make it big in the United States. To...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 05:58 PM by Tricia Romano
Last night, David Letterman returned from vacation armed with Tiger Woods jokes. As he said, "three months ago, I'd have material for a year!" He was talking about his own cheating scandal, which made his monologue meta and double-edged with meaning. But Dave's not the only one getting in a few good jokes at the golfer's expense: we take a look at some of the best....
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 10:40 AM by PopEater Staff
David Letterman used his personal expertise on sex scandals to pounce on Tiger Woods Monday night, but he made sure to drench his Tiger roast in irony. "Boy, it looks like that Tiger Woods is having some trouble, huh?" began Letterman, contorting his face. He jokingly lamented that if the Woods scandal had happened months ago, he'd "have material for a year." The 'Late Show' host is only...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 08:55 AM by Jo Piazza
Why hellllo Hurricane Tiger Woods. The professional golfer is living in the eye of the perfect media scandal storm this week, and early predictions say life for the former boy phenom isn't going to get easier any time soon. Did Tiger's multi-million dollar team of brand managers and image consultants go on an extended Thanksgiving holiday? We just ask because it hasn't been Tiger's...
- Posted Nov 26th 2009 at 08:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Adam Lambert chose to close out his scandal-filled week with a subdued performance on 'Late Show with David Letterman.' The singer, who came under fire for his sexed-up performance at this week's AMAs, stripped down the sound on 'What Do You Want From Me.' There was no kissing, no crotch grabbing, just Adam Lambert doing what he did best on last season of 'American Idol' ... raising the roof...
- Posted Nov 17th 2009 at 09:36 PM by PopEater Staff
Penelope Cruz is one professional secret keeper, completely thwarting David Letterman's attempts to get her to dish on her status with fellow Oscar winner Javier Bardem. During an appearance on 'The Late Show' on Tuesday night to promote her new movie 'Broken Embraces,' Cruz shrugged off Letterman's line of questioning regarding whether she and Bardem are getting married. When pressed by...
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 07:40 AM by PopEater Staff
After The National Enquirer reported that David Letterman had been kicked out of his home with wife Regina Lasko over his affairs, a rep for the late-night host has denied the rumor. "The National Enquirer has it wrong," Letterman's rep Tom Kearney tells the New York Daily News....
- Posted Nov 10th 2009 at 01:52 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
A news producer accused of blackmailing David Letterman in exchange for keeping quiet about his sexual affairs was only trying to sell the late-night comic a screenplay, the producer's lawyer said at a hearing Tuesday. Robert J. "Joe" Halderman's attorney asked a Manhattan judge to dismiss the attempted first-degree grand larceny charge. Gerald Shargel said that Halderman was merely trying to sell...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 12:00 PM by Scott Harris
When Rihanna sits down tonight with Diane Sawyer on '20/20', it's sure to be one of the biggest interviews of the year. But will it go down as one of the biggest interviews of all time? Over the years, the celebrity interview has become one of the staples of the entertainment industry. Make a huge mistake? Go on the 'Tonight Show' and humbly plead forgiveness. In need of a reputation makeover?...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Apollo Nida: 'I Despise Everything About' Wife Phaedra Parks
- Daniel Baldwin Engaged to Robin Sue Hertz Hempel
- Kim Kardashian Joins AIDS Fight with App
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 2014 American Music Awards Highlights: Jennifer Lopez's "Booty," Jessie J's Star-Studded Dance Party and More!
- Jennifer Lopez's "Booty" Performance Was the Perfect Way to Close the 2014 American Music Awards
- 2014 American Music Awards: Complete List of Winners!