Posts with tag "deadliest catch"
- Posted Apr 13th 2011 at 10:15 PM by Ben Trivett
No one can say that the captains from 'Deadliest Catch' don't know how to have a good time. From the high seas to the big city, these guys are full of laughs. With season 7 starting this week, they're no strangers to the spotlight either. With drama, danger and family feuds, this season looks to stay on par with seasons past of this fan favorite show. We caught up with captains Sig Hansen, Andy...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 01:10 PM by Zach Dionne
News of Justin Tennison, the 'Deadliest Catch' star found dead at 33 in an Alaska hotel room over the weekend, marks a year of tragedy and hard times for the reality-documentary show's cast. Since early 2010, the Alaskan king crab fishing series has been plagued by two deaths, individual charges of reckless driving, robbery and drug dealing as well as a lawsuit from Discovery Channel. Here, we...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2011 at 05:33 PM by Zach Dionne
'Deadliest Catch' star Justin Tennison was found dead in a Homer, Alaska, hotel room on Tuesday, TMZ reports. The fisherman on the Time Bandit boat was 33 years old. "Discovery Channel is saddened by the passing of Time Bandit crew member Justin Tennison," the 'Deadliest Catch' network wrote in a statement. "We send our sympathies to his entire family and fellow crew members during this most...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 03:01 PM by PopEater Staff
After 'Deadliest Catch' stars Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand bailed on their spin-off special, the Discovery Channel showed their claws by slapping them with a lawsuit. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Discovery is suing the Hillstrand brothers for $3 million in damages after they quit a 'Deadliest Catch' one-time special, titled 'Hillstranded,' two weeks into production. The complaint...
- Posted Jul 13th 2010 at 05:35 PM by PopEater Staff
Tonight, the Discovery Channel will air Phil Harris' final episode of 'Deadliest Catch.' Harris suffered a stroke while filming the show on Jan. 29. Although he showed signs of recovery after surgery, Harris succumbed on Feburary 9. Over the past couple of months, PopEater had the chance to talk with Discovery Channel star Mike Rowe about his memories of Harris, as well as Phil's 'Deadliest...
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 05:46 PM by Mike Hess
As the sixth season of 'Deadliest Catch' continues, it was only a matter of time before the episodes dealing with the health problems that eventually led to Phil Harris' passing would be here. This past week, with those episodes looming, a different type of drama emerged when Phil caught his youngest son Jake (pictured, right) stealing his pain medication. The conflict was a surprise to Josh...
- Posted May 13th 2010 at 02:55 PM by PopEater Staff
'Deadliest Catch' fisherman Joshua Tell Warner will serve nine-and-a-half years in prison for three Oregon bank robberies, the Register-Guard newspaper reports. Warner, 23, hit a Washington Mutual Bank in Eugene, Ore., on Oct. 19, 2007, just before boarding a boat for Discovery Channel's crab fishing reality series. Warner's lawyer said his client was "strung out" on OxyContin surrounding the...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 06:50 AM by PopEater Staff
'Deadliest Catch' production manager Matthew Schneider, 22, "bragged about his ability to deliver cocaine to the Alaska fishing town of Unalaska," the AP reports. He's now facing felony drug charges. Schneider was charged April 27 for using and selling cocaine, after delivering roughly $300 worth of coke to an undercover police officer in March. And although he's facing charges, police don't...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 10:20 AM by Mike Hess
Exclusive: 'Deadliest Catch' has enthralled millions not just because of the crab fishing that takes place, but due to the overwhelmingly lovable crew members the hit Discovery show documents. PopEater had the opportunity to sit down with Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand, captains of the Time Bandit, at City Crab in New York City to discuss what to expect this season (which premiered April 13) and...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 06:49 AM by PopEater Staff
'Deadliest Catch' star Jake Harris has been charged with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license, after a Feb. 18 arrest in Seattle, EOnline.com reports. Harris was initially arrested on the suspicion of driving under the influence and a hit-and-run, but prosecutors didn't believe they could make those charges stick. If convicted, the 21-year-old faces up to 15 months in...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Daniel Baldwin Engaged to Robin Sue Hertz Hempel
- Kim Kardashian Joins AIDS Fight with App
- AMA 2014 Style: It Was All About the Sexy Rear View on Selena, Kendall, Julianne and More!
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Everything You Need to Know About That Seth Rogen and Lisa Kudrow Blow Job Scene on The Comeback
- Christina Milian Leaves Little to the Imagination During Sexy Performance With Lil Wayne
- Was That Justin Bieber in Selena Gomez's Debut Performance of "The Heart Wants What It Wants"? You Decide!