Posts with tag "dennis hopper"
- Posted Jul 1st 2010 at 04:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Mere months before his May 29 death from prostate cancer, Dennis Hopper, 74, gave what would be his last interview, an art-centric conversation with Vanity Fair. Though he introduced himself with a mild "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well," the terminally ill actor soon dove into depth with the magazine, discussing his upcoming exhibit at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art. The article includes a...
- Posted Jun 23rd 2010 at 08:05 PM by PopEater Staff
The newest issue of Rolling Stone features an intimate and in-depth profile of recently deceased actor Dennis Hopper. The article recalls his fast and furious younger days, his bizarre and secluded middle years and his somber final days. The profile includes recollections and thoughts about the colorful actor from Jack Nicholson, Val Kilmer, Laurence Fishburne and other friends and family...
- Posted Jun 7th 2010 at 05:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Caught up in the messy divorce proceedings between Dennis Hopper and Victoria Duffy, 7-year-old Galen Grier Hopper was forced to miss her father's funeral last week. The battle for the actor's multimillion-dollar estate could rage for several years if both sides persist, but the immediate victim is, without question, young Galen. "That's the thing that's just tragic," a friend of the couple...
- Posted Jun 2nd 2010 at 11:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Jack Nicholson and Val Kilmer were among the many friends and family who attended Dennis Hopper's memorial mass in Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico, on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. The movie icon died on Saturday at age 74 after a battle with prostate cancer. He was diagnosed in 2009. As Hopper's simple wood coffin was brought into the chapel, the church's bells chimed. After the...
- Posted Jun 1st 2010 at 08:00 PM by Jo Piazza
There's an old saying that celebrity deaths always come in threes (old, that is, if you're the kind of person who frequently reads or writes about celebrity mortality). Sometimes it just seems to ring true. Back in June 2009, there was the funereal trio of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon. When actress Brittany Murphy passed away in December of last year, followed swiftly by...
- Posted May 30th 2010 at 08:29 AM by PopEater Staff
From Peter Fonda to Marlee Matlin, stars around the Internet are paying tribute to the late Dennis Hopper, who died yesterday after a lengthy battle with prostate cancer. Earlier this morning, EW.com obtained statements from three of Hopper's co-stars -- Peter Fonda, Gene Hackman and Isabella Rossellini. "Dennis introduced me to the world of Pop Art and 'lost' films. We rode the highways of...
- Posted May 29th 2010 at 02:03 PM by PopEater Staff
Dennis Hopper, whose unmistakable presence graced the silver screen for five decades in classics like 'Easy Rider' and 'Apocalypse Now,' died on Saturday after a grueling battle with prostate cancer, a friend of the actor told Reuters. The actor was surrounded by family and friends when he died at his home in Venice, California shortly after 8 AM, according to the friend, Alex Hitz. Hopper was 74....
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 04:04 PM by PopEater Staff
Things just went from bad to worse for Dennis Hopper. During a court hearing on Monday, a judge ordered the actor, who is stricken with prostate cancer, to pay his estranged wife Victoria $12,000 a month in spousal and child support and to continue providing her with a place to live on his property. Hopper was not in court, but Victoria and his adult children were in attendance to hear Judge...
- Posted Apr 1st 2010 at 06:52 AM by PopEater Staff
According to legal documents filed by Dennis Hopper's assistant, the ailing actor's estranged wife Victoria is guilty of more than dirty divorce tactics -- the assistant alleges that Victoria tried to kill her husband. TMZ obtained the papers, which state that all members of Hopper's household, including his staff, were "at the mercy of [wife Victoria's] cruelty" when the actor was hospitalized...
- Posted Mar 26th 2010 at 02:29 PM by PopEater Staff
A bandaged and visibly frail Dennis Hopper defied all odds today by attending the unveiling ceremony for his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In recent days, reports have listed the actor as terminally ill and on his death bed, but he was all smiles when spotted Friday. Court documents leaked this week reveal the 'Easy Rider' legend is too frail to even continue chemotherapy treatments for...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall and Kylie's Latest Fashion Shoot: 'We Don't Remember a Time Before the Cameras'
- Gov. Rick Perry Booked, Gets Mug Shot Taken
- Sarah Jessica Parker: The Burger that Changed Our Lives
- Kate Upton takes on Ice Bucket challenge with rumored boyfriend Justin Verlander
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Metal rockers Motley Crue find welcome embrace in Nashville for country tribute album
- Lindsay Lohan posts selfie with Tina Fey during EW's ?Mean Girls' reunion
- The Rock is starring in DC's ?Shazam'? as the villain? An investigation
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's ?It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Lily-Rose Team Up for New Film Yoga Hosers
- Terrence Jenkins, Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings Get Soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Vin Diesel Poses Naked in Racy Shower Photo After Completing the Ice Bucket Challenge—Take a Look!