Posts with tag "dirty dancing"
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 03:37 PM by Zach Dionne
The Black Eyed Peas have taken their sampling game to the next level. Fergie, will.i.am and co. fused the hook of 'Dirty Dancing' theme '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' with their next single, 'The Time (The Dirty Bit).' The hip-hop group previously sampled Dick Dale's 'Misirlou,' AKA the 'Pulp Fiction' theme, for their 2006 hit 'Pump It.' Will.i.am announced the single on his blog, adding,...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 03:15 PM by Zach Dionne
Musician Franke Previte was pushing 40 when he submitted a little ditty for a 1987 Patrick Swayze vehicle called 'Dirty Dancing.' The song, called '(I've Had) The Time of My Life,' it was the 150th tune considered for a dance sequence that would become iconic. It was the last song taken into consideration. "They were getting ready to film to a Lionel Richie track which wasn't a bad song, it...
- Posted May 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Denise Warner
Last weekend, I attended my friend's graduation from the University of Akron's law school. At the end of the ceremony, we were asked to stand and sing the alma mater. Having never attended the school, I didn't know the song. Or did I? When the orchestra cued up, to my surprise, I had heard it before. Sure the lyrics were different -- but it was unmistakable to anyone who had ever carried a...
- Posted Sep 18th 2009 at 06:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Residents of the small North Carolina town where dance instructor Johnny Castle practiced lifts with Baby Houseman in 'Dirty Dancing' will remember Patrick Swayze with a memorial this weekend. The Lake Lure locals remember him as a kind family man, said the Rev. Everette Chapman, who will speak at the memorial service about the actor's determination to live life to the fullest. ...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 07:32 AM by PopEater Staff
Actress Jennifer Grey, who played Frances "Baby" Houseman, alongside the late Patrick Swayze in 'Dirty Dancing' recalls how much fun the two had on set together. "When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see," Grey told PEOPLE. "Patrick was a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Josh Lucas 'Wouldn't Wish Divorce on My Worst Enemy'
- Todd Chrisley on Gay Rumors: 'There's No Coming Out'
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hang Out in N.Y.C
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'
- I'm Still Not Over? The ending of ?Xena: Warrior Princess'
- Hey, remember that time a ?True Detective' villain slept with Charlotte on ?Sex and the City'?