Posts with tag "dirty dancing"
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 03:37 PM by Zach Dionne
The Black Eyed Peas have taken their sampling game to the next level. Fergie, will.i.am and co. fused the hook of 'Dirty Dancing' theme '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' with their next single, 'The Time (The Dirty Bit).' The hip-hop group previously sampled Dick Dale's 'Misirlou,' AKA the 'Pulp Fiction' theme, for their 2006 hit 'Pump It.' Will.i.am announced the single on his blog, adding, "...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 03:15 PM by Zach Dionne
Musician Franke Previte was pushing 40 when he submitted a little ditty for a 1987 Patrick Swayze vehicle called 'Dirty Dancing.' The song, called '(I've Had) The Time of My Life,' it was the 150th tune considered for a dance sequence that would become iconic. It was the last song taken into consideration. "They were getting ready to film to a Lionel Richie track which wasn't a bad song, it j...
- Posted May 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Denise Warner
Last weekend, I attended my friend's graduation from the University of Akron's law school. At the end of the ceremony, we were asked to stand and sing the alma mater. Having never attended the school, I didn't know the song. Or did I? When the orchestra cued up, to my surprise, I had heard it before. Sure the lyrics were different -- but it was unmistakable to anyone who had ever carried a...
- Posted Sep 18th 2009 at 06:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Residents of the small North Carolina town where dance instructor Johnny Castle practiced lifts with Baby Houseman in 'Dirty Dancing' will remember Patrick Swayze with a memorial this weekend. The Lake Lure locals remember him as a kind family man, said the Rev. Everette Chapman, who will speak at the memorial service about the actor's determination to live life to the fullest. ...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 07:32 AM by PopEater Staff
Actress Jennifer Grey, who played Frances "Baby" Houseman, alongside the late Patrick Swayze in 'Dirty Dancing' recalls how much fun the two had on set together. "When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see," Grey told PEOPLE. "Patrick was a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Game of Thrones Recap: 'The Gift'
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: Kylie Jenner: 'I Go Through These Times Where I Hate My Life'
- George Clooney's Changing Looks!
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Kim Kardashian Plans Kids Trip to Snowy Montana Amid Family Changes, Kylie Jenner Hesitates Going—Get the KUWTK Recap
- Game of Thrones Recap: "The Gift" Finally Gives Fans the Greatest Present Ever
- Morgan Stewart Models in NYC, EJ Johnson Plans Trip to Bahamas, Dorothy Wang's Party Goes Sour—Get the #RichKids Recap!