Posts with tag "dj am dies"
- Posted Aug 31st 2009 at 07:00 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Addiction specialist Dr. Drew Pinsky said Saturday that pain medications likely led disc jockey DJ AM, a former drug addict who died suddenly Friday, away from his sober path. "It very slowly and subtly reawakens addiction," Pinsky said of pain medication in an interview Saturday. "I'm not saying it was inappropriately prescribed, I'm saying he didn't know the risks."...
- Posted Aug 29th 2009 at 08:42 AM by PopEater Staff
A recent breakup with his girlfriend only added to DJ AM's rough year following the tragic plane crash he survived in September. Sources tell TMZ he was "completely devastated" by the split with Hayley Wood, and a PEOPLE source admitted the DJ "hadn't been in a good place lately." According to reports, Wood ended the relationship within the last week and that since then, "he was keeping to...
- Posted Aug 28th 2009 at 07:25 PM by PopEater Staff
Adam Goldstein, known to most by his stage name DJ AM, was found dead in his apartment on Friday in New York City. He was 36. According to TMZ, which first reported the story, drug paraphernalia including a glass crack pipe was found at the scene and Goldstein hadn't been seen or heard from in several days. A friend checking on Goldstein eventually called police, and they broke down the door and...
- Posted Aug 28th 2009 at 07:24 PM by PopEater Staff
Friends and admirers of DJ AM have taken to their computers and phones to tweet thoughts about the passing of DJ AM. Just a sample below pulled from those we follow on Twitter. @parishilton Adam and I were friends since I was 15. He had a heart of gold and was one of the kindest, funniest and most talented men I have ever met. @petewentz R.I.P. . I'm sorry to loved ones. So unexpected....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Winnie the Pooh Reportedly Banned from a Polish Playground for Being 'Inappropriately Dressed'
- From Kendall's New Gig to Kim's Fragrance Tour, Get Your Kardashian/Jenner Style Fix
- Harold Henthorn, Accused of Killing Wife, Had Map Marked with Spot Where She Fell, Authorities Say
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- The Queen Latifah Show Cancelled After Two Seasons, Host Thanks Her Fans and Crew
- The Duggars Promote Their Own Petition to Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC Following Backlash
- Matthew McConaughey Was Robbed of Another Sexiest Man Alive Title (Or So Says Stephen Colbert!)