Posts with tag "dont ask dont tell"
- Posted Dec 19th 2010 at 09:42 AM by Christine Fenno
A slew of stars from music, TV and movies couldn't hold back their happiness on Saturday after the U.S. Senate voted to repeal the military policy known as Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Lady Gaga, who actively campaigned in 2010 against DADT, celebrated with her fans as soon as she learned the news. The Grammy winner tweeted to over six million followers: "Can't hold back the tears + pride. We did ...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 01:30 PM by John Mitchell
Lady Gaga is stepping up her role as an activist in the fight to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell, the military policy that bans gay men and women from serving openly in the nation's armed forces. On Monday, Gaga will headline a rally in Portland, Maine, calling on the state's two Republican senators -- Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe -- to vote to take up a defense appropriations bill that inclu...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 10:30 AM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga addressed her "fellow Americans" and the Senate this morning in a dramatic YouTube video as part of her ongoing effort to see the controversial Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, which prevents gays from serving openly in the military, overturned and asked her fans to join her and the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network in repealing it. "It is my belief that no one person is more valuable th...
Popeater Hot Topics
- SCOOP: 4-Year-Old Cries When Asked About the First Day of School by Reporter (VIDEO)
- Kendra on Top Sneak Peek: Kendra Wilkinson Admits She's 'Tired of Trying to Fix' Hank Baskett
- VIDEO: Rebecca Romijn on the Bikini That Landed Her the Cover of Sports Illustrated
- 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman doesn't like dating in New York City
- Kris Jenner meets Caitlyn for the first time
- Karlie Kloss ditches runway for NYU
- Pink Doesn't Deny Slamming Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift at the VMAs—but What About Demi Lovato?
- Remembering Joan Rivers 1 Year After Her Death: 26 Tributes That Proved Just How Iconic She Really Was
- Giada de Laurentiis' Divorce Finalized, Chef Ordered to Pay Ex Husband $9,000 in Monthly Child Support