Posts with tag "dont ask dont tell"
- Posted Dec 19th 2010 at 09:42 AM by Christine Fenno
A slew of stars from music, TV and movies couldn't hold back their happiness on Saturday after the U.S. Senate voted to repeal the military policy known as Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Lady Gaga, who actively campaigned in 2010 against DADT, celebrated with her fans as soon as she learned the news. The Grammy winner tweeted to over six million followers: "Can't hold back the tears + pride. We did ...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 01:30 PM by John Mitchell
Lady Gaga is stepping up her role as an activist in the fight to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell, the military policy that bans gay men and women from serving openly in the nation's armed forces. On Monday, Gaga will headline a rally in Portland, Maine, calling on the state's two Republican senators -- Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe -- to vote to take up a defense appropriations bill that inclu...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 10:30 AM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga addressed her "fellow Americans" and the Senate this morning in a dramatic YouTube video as part of her ongoing effort to see the controversial Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, which prevents gays from serving openly in the military, overturned and asked her fans to join her and the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network in repealing it. "It is my belief that no one person is more valuable th...
Popeater Hot Topics
- See What Your Favorite Stars (Kim! Gaga! Karlie!) Wore Home for the Holiday
- Pre-Black Friday Deal: The Chic Tote PEOPLE Style Editors Love (with a Discount!)
- In Seattle, Tofu Turkeys Get Thanksgiving Pardons
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Carson Daly, Ashlee Simpson, Josh Duhamel and More Stars Reveal How They're Spending Thanksgiving!
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy