Posts with tag "drake"
- Posted Jun 21st 2010 at 10:00 AM by PopEater Staff
The screaming mass of teenage fan-girls lined up for the MuchMusic Video Awards' red carpet got a double dose of dreamboat Sunday night when homegrown hotties Justin Bieber and Drake spilled out of a limo onto Toronto's transformed Queen Street in a show of superstar solidarity. Justin called out the duo's Canadian roots -- Bieber is from Stratford, Ontario, and Drake hails from Toronto -- an...
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
A free concert by pop band Hanson and up-and-coming Canadian rapper Drake was canceled Tuesday after twice as many people as anticipated showed up and many became unruly, police said. The show started at about 6 PM with an opening act at Pier 17 on Manhattan's South Street Seaport, a popular summer locale for concerts. Hanson, the Tulsa, Okla., brothers behind the 1997 hit 'Mmmbop,' and headl...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 06:15 PM by Jason Newman
For a 23-year-old rapper with no official album to his name, the buzz on Drake (real name: Aubrey Graham) is deafening. When the emcee releases 'Thank Me Later,' his oft-delayed, long-awaited debut album on Universal Motown, which features Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Alicia Keys and Young Jeezy, on June 15, it'll be less an opening salvo and career initiation than a culmination of four years of underground ...
- Posted May 18th 2010 at 01:30 PM by Joshua Ostroff
Justin Bieber and Drake will face off again at the 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards after last month's Juno Awards, where the world's hottest new rapper Drake bested the Biebs as Best New Artist and also won best rap record. Drake leads the 2010 MMVAs with seven nominations, while Bieber earned four nods. Vancouver pop-rocker Hedley, led by former 'Canadian Idol' contestant Jacob Hoggard, won si...
- Posted Apr 18th 2010 at 10:45 PM by Joshua Ostroff
Justin Bieber may have come up empty-handed at the 2010 Juno Awards in St John's, Newfoundland, but it wasn't for lack of screaming. International superstars Michael Bublé and Drake may have been the big winners at the annual celebration of the best in Canadian music, but it was the upstart pop star who provided the running theme throughout the awards at Mile One arena. The Bieber phenom...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 11:29 AM by Amber James
Between all the amazing performances, tributes and awards, celebrities took time to have fun with their famous friends (and idols) at the 2010 Grammy Awards. Uploading backstage photos to Twitter, stars shared the fun stuff we didn't see on TV. At right, Weird Al Yankovic made sure to capture his wife's "blinging" sparkles next to 'American Idol' runner-up, Adam Lambert. "Oh, snap! My wife just...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: Good Naked, Bad Naked and a 'Classic Overplay'
- Chelsea Handler Takes to Twitter to Deny Having Breast Implants
- Christopher Plummer to Be Immortalized Outside the TCL Chinese Theatre
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Jenelle Evans' Fiancé Nathan Griffith Arrested For Domestic Violence
- Benji Madden Delivers the Sweetest Messages (and Cutest Puppy) to His "Bae" Cameron Diaz While On the Road
- This YouTube Star Can Sing "Uptown Funk" Beginning to End Using Family Guy Voices—Watch Now!