Posts with tag "earthquake"
- Posted Feb 27th 2010 at 01:15 PM by PopEater Staff
'American Idol' finalist Elliott Yamin was reportedly in Chile at the time of this morning's 8.8-magnitude earthquake. Yamin -- who finished in third place on the Fox reality series -- was in the country for the Viña del Mar International Song Festival, and used Twitter to capture his entire experience, according to USA Today. "Huge earthquake just now in Chile!!....I swear I thought...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sam Brand
Canadians Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan and Bryan Adams will all reportedly step onto the stage at tonight's Vancouver Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. But if you're like us, then you're not going to watch (or DVR) the celebratory puck-drop merely to catch a handful of crooning Canucks (OK, maybe if Neil Young were performing). And it's not about Lindsey Vonn sashaying down an indoor track in...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 12:38 PM by Sam Brand
It's mostly gloom and doom on the Internet today. The Haitian government warns that "hundreds of thousands" could be dead after Tuesday's massive quake. Famed televangelist Pat Robertson has grabbed headlines by blaming the devastation on a "pact with the devil." R&B superstar Teddy Pendergrass is dead. And the 'Doomsday Clock' says the apocalypse is just a few ticks away. This is What You're...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 08:40 PM by Sam Brand
Wyclef might be the most recognizable Haitian-American on the planet, but he's certainly not the only celebrity hailing from the reeling island nation. Athletes Samuel Dalembert and Pierre Garcon, rappers Tony Yayo and Pras and 'Heroes' actor Jimmy Jean-Louis also count relatives and friends among the many victims of yesterday's massive Haitian temblor. See what they're saying about the...
- Posted Sep 30th 2009 at 09:12 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
A spokeswoman for the CBS reality show 'Survivor' says no crew members were harmed by the 8.0-plus magnitude earthquake that hammered the South Pacific between Samoa and American Samoa on Tuesday. The quake had no effect on production of the show's 20th season, which has yet to begin filming yet, the AP reports. The 19th season was also in Samoa. ...
- Posted Aug 11th 2009 at 06:57 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Jessica Simpson said getting stuck in a 6.6 magnitude earthquake in Japan made her feel like she was "hallucinating," calling it one of the more surreal moments she's ever experienced. And she wasn't the only famous person who was tossed around by the quake. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man Finds Rare Calico Lobster, Gives It to New Hampshire Aquarium (PHOTOS)
- Toronto Cop Loves Dancing to Reggae Band (VIDEO)
- Robert Pattinson Reveals the Hardest Part of His Breakup with Kristen Stewart
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch the best of EW's PHHHOTO Booth at Comic-Con
- Broadway ?Love Letters' casts Carol Burnett, Alan Alda, Anjelica Huston