Posts with tag "elizabeth taylor"
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 09:00 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor was laid to rest Thursday afternoon in an intimate ceremony at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California, The Associated Press reports. About four dozen family members attended the funeral that lasted an hour, Glendale police spokesman Tom Lorenz said. Four stretch limousines transported Taylor's family to and from the funeral. Per Jewish customs (she converted...
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 06:35 PM by Nicki Gostin
When Debbie Reynolds reflects on her friend and former foe Elizabeth Taylor, her words are often brushed with bittersweet strokes. Speaking a day after the film icon's death, Reynolds calls Taylor "the most glamorous star of our generation" and notes that "women liked her and men adored her, including my husband." As the story goes, back in 1959 Reynolds' husband Eddie Fisher fell under Taylor's...
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 08:55 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Elizabeth Taylor
When Westboro Baptist Church spokeswoman Margie Phelps slithered onto Twitter on Wednesday to announce plans to protest Elizabeth Taylor's funeral, many were horrified, but not Dame Liz's vigilant friends. They say, "Bring it on!" "Elizabeth spent her whole life fighting for what's right, and it looks like it will be no different now that she's gone," a close friend of the actress tells me. ...
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 08:40 AM by AOL TV Editors
Actress and author Carrie Fisher became Elizabeth Taylor's stepdaughter when Taylor married Fisher's father, singer Eddie Fisher. Although Taylor and Eddie Fisher divorced when Carrie was 8, she maintained a close relationship with Taylor, who died Wednesday at age 79. Reflecting upon her stepmother, Fisher told 'Piers Morgan Tonight' about a "double date" she went on with Taylor, Michael...
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 02:45 AM by Christo Varghese
As a guest on Fox News for the first time since leaving CNN, former talk show host Larry King talked about Dame Elizabeth Taylor, who tragically passed away of congestive heart failure on Wednesday at the age of 79. King was a guest on 'Hannity' where host Sean Hannity first thanked the legendary interviewer for his impact on the industry. After some pleasant banter, Hannity asked King about...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 07:34 PM by PopEater Staff
Between the ages of 18 and 64, Elizabeth Taylor did more than a life's worth of loving, marrying and divorcing. At many points in her career, the legendary actress, who died Wednesday of heart failure, garnered more attention from the public for her intoxicating love life than for the 50-odd films that padded her unparalleled filmography....
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 07:05 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Though they spent many years as Hollywood rivals, Elizabeth Taylor and Debbie Reynolds were friends at the time of Taylor's death Wednesday. In fact, Reynolds spoke to Taylor just two weeks ago and shared some of their conversation with Access Hollywood Live on Wednesday. "I said, 'Getting old is really sh––,' " Reynolds told the television show of her final conversation with...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 06:25 PM by PopEater Staff
Those charming souls at Westboro Baptist Church have chosen Elizabeth Taylor's funeral to be the site of their next publicity stunt, a daughter of WBC Pastor Fred Phelps has announced. In post after post on Twitter, Margie Phelps chortled condemnations to members of the media who were sending out tweets regarding Taylor's death and she promised that the congregation -- mostly folks with the...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 06:00 PM by The Editors of StyleList
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- Photos -
- Stylelist -
- Elizabeth Taylor
Film legend Elizabeth Taylor had as much impact off the silver screen as she did on. Her glitzy personal style featured curve-hugging gowns and diamonds galore, a look that sealed her steamy sex-symbol image and kept the handsome leading men lined up. The actress herself best summed up the look: "Enough is never enough," she said of her love of glittering glamour. Taylor's style made waves...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 04:14 PM by Brittany Weiss
As we say goodbye to a Hollywood starlet, we remember her beauty in many films. Elizabeth Taylor passed away at age 79 this morning after a long battle with congestive heart failure. Everyone from Eva Longoria to Elton John and the Kardashians have taken time to pay tribute to the late star. Watch our tribute video below!...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONJ Recap: Jacqueline Laurita Returns, Shares Her Emotional Texts to Teresa
- Hilary Duff: 'Why Not' Film a Lizzie McGuire Reunion
- Jennifer Lawrence Supports Chris Martin, Kerry Washington Gives a Baby Update & More Weekend News
- Hilary Duff says new album will reflect Texas roots
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- The Good Wife Bosses Talk Shocking Status Change, Alicia and Kalinda's Friendship and More Season 6 Scoop
- Once Upon a Time's Frozen Premiere: Anna's Insane Voice, Regina's Awesome Twist and Everything You Need to Know!
- Eric "The Actor" Lynch Dies at 39, Hollywood Reacts to Beloved Howard Stern Show Caller and Guest