Posts with tag "ellendegeneres"
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 01:37 PM by Scott Harris
In Hollywood, people are often judged less by the content of their character and more by the content of their wallet. Stars have taken to buying up ever more ostentatious items in order to best display their wealth for all to see. Jay Leno, for instance, owns a fleet of rare and vintage automobiles. John Travolta doesn't just own his own jet, he owns a Boeing 707. And Oprah Winfrey? Well, Oprah ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 07:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Ellen DeGeneres
To everyone who asked "Why in the world would Paula Abdul quit 'American Idol?" a few months ago, it seems that Abdul herself is now pondering the same question. Word is, she's bummed out and her replacement (Ellen DeGeneres) is absolutely the talk of the 'Idol' set. That, plus a movie fit for a Queen (seriously) and Angelina Jolie's journalistic dreams take a hit. ...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 04:00 PM by Tricia Romano
On Wednesday, 'Family Ties' mom Meredith Baxter dropped a bomb on the TV world when she announced that she now identifies herself as a lesbian. This may have come as a surprise to fans since she's been married three times and has five kids. Her announcement was an attempt to preempt a tabloid report revealing her relationship with building contractor Nancy Locke. But Baxter joins other ...
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:00 PM by Jo Piazza
The Kardashian sisters will not rest until they have achieved world domination..and by world domination they want to be on The Oprah Winfrey Show before it goes off the air in 2011. So smart these ladies are! They know that their run of the mill tricks won't get them onto the lap of the Queen of all media. It will take more than a sex tape or a quickie marriage to a basketball player or just one ...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 09:30 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Oprah Winfrey will be taking her ridiculously popular daytime talk show elsewhere (see story here), there's a massive void in the broadcast television world to be filled. Winfrey was always the one to score huge exclusive interviews, landing everyone from Sarah Palin to Tom Cruise to Mackenzie Phillips. So, assuming television execs will want to keep the daytime landscape as ...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 06:56 AM by PopEater Staff
During his appearance on 'Ellen,' which airs today, Robert Pattinson describes one overzealous fan who actually took her clothes off for him. After signing hundreds of autographs, 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' star explains he got a little bored. "You kind of get 10 seconds with each person and you never really say anything and I kind of got bored of saying, 'Hey, how are you doing?'" he tells ...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 01:06 PM by PopEater Staff
Perseverence has paid off for Ellen DeGeneres, as the quirky talk show host shmoozed, begged and charmed her way onto the cover of Oprah Winfrey's O Magazine, marking just the second time that Miss Winfrey has shared a cover with another woman. The first? Just someone you might have heard of -- First Lady Michelle Obama. Winfrey herself recognizes Ellen's dedication, saying that she's "a woman who ...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 05:10 PM by Melissa Daniels
Recently, Jon Gosselin raised eyebrows by requesting $12,000 to guest host a Florida radio show. And on Oct. 17, Heidi Montag supposedly refused to attend big sis Holly's birthday bash in L.A. without receiving pay. With so many cross-over opportunities available for reality television stars, it makes sense that they may charge for their time, but how much is too much? ...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 11:13 AM by PopEater Staff
As Mariah Carey's career carries on, it seems she's getting more comfortable with her own body and showing more of it. Gone are the days of smothering dresses and button-up shirts, here are the days of head-scratchingly-short skirts and cut-out bathing suits. Mariah, who's now 40, took to the beach to shoot her latest video for 'H.A.T.E.U.,' and we think she looked lovely doing it. What say ...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 01:59 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres takes pride in her ability to scare the dickens out of her guests. Whether she's crouched in the bathroom or hiding under something, the TV host's ability to make her guests jump in fear -- and then laugh in humiliation -- is uncanny, and makes for some quality television. Thanks to her scared-to-the-floor ambush on Taylor Swift last week, we've compiled Ellen's finest ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'American Hustle' review: Actors take 70s stereotypes and run with them in entertaining sting flick
- Plastic surgeon dad goes to work on daughters' breasts, faces
- 'Desolation of Smaug' review: Vast improvement over first 'Hobbit,' but cliffhanger could rile
- Late Night Highlight: David Letterman makes Julia Roberts cry (in a good way) ? VIDEO
- Biggest fails of the year? Kimye, Miley, and a not-so-surprising number one ? EXCLUSIVE
- ?The Little Drummer Boy': You choose the best version, in our Twelve Days of Christmas Classics ? POLL