Posts with tag "elton john"
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 08:45 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez has yet to officially announce that she's the newest judge on 'American Idol,' however, sources tell me the job only became hers after several big-name celebrities said "thanks, but no thanks." "J.Lo was definitely not the first choice," an 'Idol' insider tells me. "In fact, she wasn't even the second or third choice." My source tells me that before they approached Lopez, pr...
- Posted Jun 18th 2010 at 08:41 AM by PopEater Staff
Another week, another provocative concert by Elton John. Fresh off a gig as Rush Limbaugh's wedding singer, the British icon performed Thursday in Tel Aviv, despite pressure from pro-Palestinian activists and fellow artists to boycott Israel following the flotilla debacle off the coast of Gaza. "Shalom, we are so happy to be back here! Ain't nothing gonna stop us from coming, baby," John said w...
- Posted Jun 15th 2010 at 04:59 PM by PopEater Staff
Elton John has broken his silence, sort of, about taking the job as Rush Limbaugh's wedding singer, telling PEOPLE (via partner David Furnish) it was an opportunity "to go where people wouldn't expect me to go." Furnish said John was "a little surprised" to get the invitation, but accepted the job -- which netted him a reported $1 million -- after deciding "Life is about building bridges, not w...
- Posted Jun 7th 2010 at 11:59 PM by Marc Schneider
It's not clear what's more shocking about Rush Limbaugh's weekend wedding: A) That it happened at all -- four marriages! -- or B) That the conservative firebrand was able to coax gay icon Elton John to perform at the reception. Given Limbaugh's past insensitive statements about homosexuals and his outspoken opposition to gay marriage, the LGBT community is none too pleased with Sir Elton, who acco...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 12:30 PM by PopEater Staff
On Thursday, Lady Gaga joined Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Sting, Mary J. Blige and Blondie's Debbie Harry onstage at New York's Carnegie Hall to perform at Sting's annual Rainforest Fund benefit show. The 21st annual show opened with Sting singing 'Englishman in New York.' Next up was Gaga, who performed 'Stand By Me' and was joined by Sir Elton John on her next song, 'Speechless.' But absol...
- Posted Apr 23rd 2010 at 02:20 PM by Nadine Cheung
Elton John has written a letter to his friend, Ryan White, who died from AIDS on April 8, 1990, at age 18. In the letter, published by the Washington Post, the international pop star expresses both grief and sorrow, but reminds readers of the strides HIV/AIDS researchers have made in the two decades since the death of the Indiana teen. "Twenty years ago this month, you died of AIDS," John begin...
- Posted Feb 20th 2010 at 07:02 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect, and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week, Elton John reveals...
- Posted Feb 19th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Zach Dionne
After Sir Elton John's breaking news that Jesus was "a super-intelligent gay man," we've dug up the finest gaffes and most intriguing celebrity perspectives on the one and only JC. Check out the sensational moments after jump, but first may we present this humble nugget from everyone's favorite plastic surgery advocate: "Jesus was persecuted, and I'm going to get persecuted." ► Heidi Montag...
- Posted Feb 18th 2010 at 01:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Elton John has never been one to hold back his feelings. This time, he's ruffling a few feathers among Christians. "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East -- you'r...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 06:22 AM by Steven Avalos
Pyrotechnics, faceless back up dancers and a one of a kind piano face off with Elton John -- Lady Gaga's performance at Sunday night's Grammy Awards was truly a spectacle that won't soon be forgotten. This isn't the first time Gaga has wowed the world with her often show stopping brand of "performance art". We've compiled the best from Gaga's relatively brief but prolific career-- blood, flames an...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jinger and Jana Duggar on What's 'Special' About Sharing Their Lives on Reality TV (VIDEO)
- Lip Sync Battle Sneak Peek: Michael Strahan Knows That Girl Is 'Poison'
- Mariah Carey Releases New Heartache Anthem 'Infinity' - Is It a Dig at Nick Cannon?
- Go Girl! Loretta Lynch Was Just Sworn in as the First African-American Female Attorney General
- Hayden Panettiere Cheers Fiancé Wladimir Klitschko to Heavyweight Boxing Victory—See Her Funniest Faces!
- Khloé Kardashian & Kim Kardashian Share Clothing Again—Which Sister Wore the Sexy White Dress Best?