Posts with tag "emmys"
- Posted Aug 29th 2010 at 08:07 PM by PopEater Staff
Waistlines were in as stars of all shapes and sizes walked the Emmy Awards red carpet. See which stars stood out in the 2010 class with photos from the big event: http://xml.channel.aol.com/xmlpublisher/fetch.v2.xml?option=expand_relative_urls&dataUrlNodes=uiConfig,feedConfig,entry&id=927429&pid=927428&uts=1283126829 http://www.popeater.com/mm_track/popeater/tv...
- Posted Aug 29th 2010 at 08:42 AM by Bryan Alexander
Elisabeth Moss seems determined not to let her recently reported split with 'Saturday Night Live' star Fred Armisen get in the way of having a great time during her triumphant Emmy weekend. The 'Mad Men' star, 28, made her first public appearances since the announcement of the split, gracing two glittering pre-Emmy parties on Friday night. But by all accounts Moss, up for a best supporting E...
- Posted Aug 28th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Rob Shuter
The hottest ticket in town on Emmy night will be the 'Entertainment Tonight' Emmy Party being held at Vibiana in Los Angeles. Grammy Award-winning artist Cyndi Lauper will headline the entertainment and LL Cool J will do a special intro....
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Zach Dionne
When Frankie Muniz's onetime TV dad becomes a TV drug dealer, wins two consecutive Emmys and gets nominated for a third, you have to ask him about it. Let's backtrack. Bryan Cranston, 54, played Hal on 'Malcolm in the Middle,' a father to Frankie Muniz's title character, for seven seasons. Now he's a startlingly different dad on AMC's 'Breaking Bad' -- a murderous but sympathetic cancer patient...
- Posted Aug 22nd 2010 at 09:37 AM by PopEater Staff
As producer of 'Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution' on ABC, Ryan Seacrest branched out this year from his hosting duties on Fox's 'American Idol,' and the TV Academy has recognized him for it. At the Creative Arts Emmys ceremony last night in Los Angeles, Seacrest and a host of other television stars scored trophies in categories that are traditionally awarded the weekend before the primetime Emmys te...
- Posted Jul 10th 2010 at 08:02 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Celebrity Summer
This week, TV cable powerhouse AMC delivered more Emmy nominations (26!) than any other cable network, leaving many TV insiders asking, "What ever happened to HBO?" The answer has three letters: AMC. "HBO has never been able to find shows to replace its monster hits 'Sex And The City,' 'The Sopranos' or 'Six Feet Under,'" a TV insider tells me. "They made the crazy mistake of passing on 'Mad Me...
- Posted Jul 8th 2010 at 08:49 AM by PopEater Staff
A group of high school singers, a loose band of World War II soldiers and a talk show that no longer exists were among the biggest winners of this year's Emmy nominations. 'Glee,' the FOX musical-comedy about spunky teens, raked in 19 bids, including best comedy series and acting nods for stars Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer. HBO's war drama 'The Pacific' leads all nomi...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 11:30 AM by Dino Sossi
The show must go on, even in the dark. Craig Ferguson, host of 'The Late Late Show,' kept the cameras rolling and the jokes coming despite a power outage that darkened his studio. Ferguson was interviewing actress Alicia Silverstone when high winds in Los Angeles turned out the power at CBS studios and other parts of the city. (The power goes out at 9:05 in the video) ...
- Posted Sep 29th 2009 at 04:51 PM by Bryan Alexander
For many, Michael Emerson's Emmy win was the ultimate validation for his spot-on portrayal of the creepiest characters on television, 'Lost' villain Benjamin Linus. But before Emerson headed off to Hawaii to act creepy all over again on the 'Lost' set, he got all kinds of mushy talking to PopEater. "I always sort of cringe when people say, you're that creepy guy," Emerson exclusively confesses. "S...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2009 at 10:13 AM by PopEater Staff
Estelle Getty's prized 1988 Emmy has surfaced on Ebay -- a year after her death. The trophy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for 'The Golden Girls' was put up for sale by a seller that specializes in fine art. The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is working to have the Emmy returned, NY Post reports. The initial asking price is $15,000. No bids have been made as of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joanna Krupa Gets Egg-Retrieval Procedure (VIDEO)
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kris Jenner Talks Finalizing Bruce Jenner Divorce—Plus, Will They Still Celebrate Christmas Together? Watch Now!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!