Posts with tag "george clooney"
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 04:50 PM by Sarah Crow
George Clooney paid a high price for his good deeds in early January, when he came down with malaria while doing humanitarian work in Sudan. Clooney, who has since recovered from the illness, according to ETOnline, used his experience to showcase the desperate need for improved medical care around the world. "This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa,...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Christine Fenno
Here on PopEater, we're prone to escaping the temptation to take life too seriously. But we can't help noticing that George Clooney is taking certain world events very seriously. And rightfully so. In an Op-Ed in today's Washington Post, Clooney and activist John Pendergast call a region in Sudan "about the size of Connecticut" a potential flashpoint for war. Explaining the strife about to...
- Posted Sep 27th 2010 at 11:00 PM by The Editors of StyleList
Coordinating outfits with your significant other often leads to trouble with the fashion police. After all, who can forget Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake hitting the red carpet in his-and-her denim evening attire? But everything that George Clooney touches has loads of class so why should his matching attire with Italian model/actress girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis be any different? Our...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 11:31 AM by Nicki Gostin
Swoosie Kurtz's name typically flies under the radar, but make no mistake, she's a jack of all trades: movies, TV and Broadway. This fall, she'll be making fat jokes about her overweight daughter, played by Melissa McCarthy, in the new sitcom 'Mike & Molly,' premiering September 20 at 9:30PM ET on CBS. Kurtz chatted with PopEater about playing a mean mom, the story behind her unusual name and...
- Posted Sep 2nd 2010 at 08:00 PM by PopEater Staff
It's no secret that George Clooney and Brad Pitt are good friends--but Clooney admits he sometimes has ulterior motives when he invites his friend and his famous family to hang out at his Italian villa. Because they'll get all the attention and he can sneak away and get some peace and quiet! "Whenever I want, I can always stage a diversion and invite Brad and Angie and their 15 kids children to...
- Posted Aug 30th 2010 at 07:17 AM by PopEater Staff
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmys were, by all accounts, a smash. With terrific hosting by Jimmy Fallon, few dull spots and some major surprises, it was a night to remember. Touching moments also punctuated the night (there's a reason you're Googling Temple Grandin this morning). George Clooney's speech, imploring his fellow Hollywood folk to remain vigilant when natural disasters and other...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Catherine Donaldson-Evans
Stars needing a little PR jolt would be wise to follow Elisabetta Canalis' example: Flash a fake engagement ring. And wait. George Clooney's other half set off a firestorm at a dinner in Italy when she held up her left hand and flaunted something resembling a giant, glittery rock. TMZ quickly posted photos -- couching them by saying the bauble only "looked like" a will-you-marry-me diamond. ...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 06:41 PM by PopEater Staff
George Clooney is a stickler about his privacy; keeping his private life private is something he cares about deeply. Which makes his girlfriend's candid interview in the latest edition of Italian Vanity Fair all the more surprising. PEOPLE has a sneak peek of the interview in which Elisabetta Canalis, the Italian model/actress who's been dating the movie star since 2009, opens up how Clooney...
- Posted Jul 28th 2010 at 09:40 PM by PopEater Staff
George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has been implicated in a cocaine scandal surrounding two nightclubs in Milan, Italy, RadarOnline.com reports. It's been alleged that Canalis was doing cocaine in one of the nightclubs in 2007. "I remember taking cocaine with Elisabetta Canalis and two others," Karima Menad, a model-turned-prostitute, told prosecutors in documents obtained by...
- Posted Jun 20th 2010 at 12:00 AM by Michelle Ruiz
When she isn't referred to as George Clooney's beautiful Italian girlfriend, (and she usually is,) Elisabetta Canalis goes by the ever-popular label of "model/actress." Though famous for her acting roles in her native Italy, where she's affectionately called "Eli," Canalis' American credits have mostly fallen into the "model" category, i.e. Maxim model, GQ model and Roberto Cavalli lingerie...
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: The Funniest Part of the Emmys Didn't Happen Onstage
- WATCH: Puppy Blows Bubbles in the Pool on Demand, Enjoys Dog Days of Summer
- From Golden Gowns to Goofing Off: Check Out Taryn Manning's Emmys Photo Diary
- Stars without the warpaint
- Angaleena Presley confirms Pistol Annies are on hold, debuts first solo album
- Singles wear bags on their heads in new dating show
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5
- Billy Eichner talks the making of his Emmys segment
- ?Mad Men' star Vincent Kartheiser to play Billy Wilder on stage
- Chelsea Handler Gives a Heartfelt Goodbye During the Chelsea Lately Series Finale—See the Emotional Clip!
- Jennifer Aniston, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez and Many More Celebs Sing Goodbye to Chelsea Lately—Watch the Clip!
- Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack Host Intervention for Chelsea Handler—See the Chelsea Lately Clip!