Posts with tag "golden girls"
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Amber James
Harold Gould, who starred on 'Rhoda' and 'The Golden Girls,' passed away Saturday in Woodland Hills, Calif., after a battle with prostate cancer, his spokeswoman, Jaime Larkin, told the NY Times. He was 86. Gould is survived by his wife, the former Lea Shampanier, who he married in 1950; a daughter, Deborah; two sons, Joshua and Lowell; and five grandchildren. Gould was an American actor bes...
- Posted Jun 6th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Ben Widdicombe
Anyone who has grown up since the invention of television understands the strangely blurred line between sitcom families and real families. Networks encourage us to accept these casts into our home as visiting neighbors, and generally we're happy to oblige. The recent deaths of Rue McClanahan and Gary Coleman have thinned the ranks of these familiar guests. PopEater takes a look at the last rem...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 11:25 AM by PopEater Staff
Rue McClanahan, one of the last surviving stars of the seminal sitcom 'The Golden Girls,' has died after suffering a massive stroke, her manager has confirmed to PEOPLE. She was 76 years old at the time of her death. "She passed away at 1 AM this morning. She had a massive stroke," Barbara Lawrence told the magazine, adding that the actress "had her family with her. She went in peace." The co...
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 06:30 PM by John Mitchell
During her smashing 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, living legend Betty White gave credit where credit was due, thanking (with the odd back-handed joke) the massive Facebook campaign that helped successfully land her on stage at Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Center. "Now, I'm here tonight because you wanted me to be," White said sincerely. "I just want to say I feel so loved. Thank you." The ...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Kara Warner
In Hollywood's increasingly crowded sea of stars (many of whom are so painfully unworthy of the title, *cough* reality TV crazies *cough*), is there a woman on the planet more endearing, talented and hilarious than Betty White? Her saucy comments and quick wit at last week's SAG Awards reminded us not only how much we love her, but what an amazingly accomplished woman she is. Beginning with a s...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 01:38 PM by PopEater Staff
'Golden Girls' star Rue McClanahan revealed today she's in the hospital getting "maintenance on the old ticker," and will miss an appearance at a gala event in her honor. According to SFGate.com, McClanahan was hospitalized this week for heart bypass surgery. PinkPaper.com is reporting she's suffering from acute cardiac illness. "My darlings, I'm just devastated that I am going to have to miss ...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 11:23 AM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Scandal
Wondering why 'Monster Mash Song,' 'Jay-Z and Alicia Keys World Series,' 'Bea Arthur' and 'Ryan Seacrest' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
Popeater Hot Topics
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton - and Bill - at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Barack Obama Brings Key & Peele "Anger Translator" Onstage at White House Correspondents Dinner!
- Zac Efron Enjoys PDA-Filled Karaoke Night With Girlfriend Sami Miró: "They Were Lovey All Night"
- Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez and Fifth Harmony Win Big at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards