Posts with tag "good news"
- Posted Nov 1st 2009 at 09:24 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
At an August concert in Bucharest on her "Sticky & Sweet" tour, Madonna called for an end to widespread discrimination against Eastern Europe's Gypsies - and her stance provoked boos from thousands of fans in Romania. Now 'Reality Bites' star Ethan Hawke, visiting Romania to help promote his mother's charity supporting education for Gypsy children, placed the pop superstar alongside Bob Marley...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 11:27 PM by Bryan Alexander
Matt Damon might have set a new standard for over-the-top celebrity charity wrangling on his recent viral video and 'Entourage' episode, but Don Cheadle says he has no need to go to the zealotry extremes of his 'Ocean's' pal. "I don't have to call you and berate you on the phone," Cheadle tells PopEater of his fundraising success. "I'm the king of secrets. I just threaten to drop the stuff about...
- Posted Oct 29th 2009 at 12:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Selena Gomez will be chatting live on UStream tonight about her experiences as the youngest UNICEF ambassador, including her recent trip to Africa and the Trick-Or-Treat campaign she is heading for the second Halloween in a row. Gomez, 17, is urging her fans to "make Halloween count" by Trick-Or-Treating for UNICEF this weekend to reach their $1 million goal, which will buy kids around the...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:50 AM by Bryan Alexander
Billionaire Sir Richard Branson even injures himself like a billionaire from a 'Batman' movie. The dashing Brit was sporting a blue sling over his black-tie outfit while hosting The Rock the Kasbah event benefiting Virgin Unite and the Eve Branson Foundation. "I was pretending to be a teenager and I was on a quad bike going over the Pyrenees mountains and, well, I tipped it over," Branson tells...
- Posted Oct 27th 2009 at 04:20 PM by Bryan Alexander
After completing a tour with son Kingston in tow, Gavin Rossdale's three-year-old is yearning to rock out. For real. "At the last benefit we were at, he wanted to get on stage with me and sing," Rossdale told Popeater at the 'Rock the Kasbah' event benefiting Virgin Unite and the Eve Branson Foundation. "Yes he was a little upset with me at the Neil Young Benefit. I told him we can, but we have...
- Posted Oct 26th 2009 at 04:11 PM by Dino Sossi
Madonna flew to Malawi to visit the girls school her charity is building, reported the BBC. "It's an honor for me to be able to help as many of these girls as I can achieve their dreams," she stated through her website. The Raising Malawi Academy for Girls will prepare impoverished children for careers in education, law or medicine. It is located on the outskirts of Lilongwe, the southeast...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 04:00 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Let the fur fly. Or not. Ex-Playmate and former 'Baywatch' star Pamela Anderson wants to save the seals from the annual hunt on Canada's East Coast. The Canadian actress and animal rights activist is among several celebrities who are taking part in an ad campaign by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Anderson visited the Ontario provincial legislature on Friday to...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 07:57 AM by Bryan Alexander
'Celebrity Apprentice' might have ended in May, but the bad blood remains between finalists Annie Duke and Joan Rivers. While the the comedian Rivers might have won the 'Apprentice' crown over the poker player, it's hard to tell who has won the war of words which still continues. "I don't have any interest in continuing to have some kind of feud with her," Duke tells PopEater during a chat about...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2009 at 03:49 PM by PopEater Staff
Smooth crooner Robin Thicke and his actress wife Paula Patton are expecting their first child, Usmagazine.com is reporting. The couple began dating in high school and married in 2005. On Tuesday, the 32-year-old Thicke was overheard singing his wife's praises at the Angel Ball in New York City. "She could make a marriage work with a chair," he said. "She's an incredible woman, and she's very...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2009 at 07:33 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
While appearing before the committee in her role as a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. Development Fund for Women, Nicole Kidman admitted Hollywood has probably contributed to violence against women by portraying them as weak sex objects. The Oscar-winning actress said she is not interested in those kinds of demeaning roles, adding that the movie industry also has made an effort to contribute to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Samantha Harris Is 'Elated' to Be Cancer Free
- You Have to See Renowned Concert Pianist Lang Lang Play Mozart - on a Baby Piano
- Meet the Secret Service K-9 Heroes Who Took Down the White House Fence Jumper
- NBCUniversal settles lawsuit with unpaid interns for $6.4 million
- Utah guards face career-ending penalties over bikini photo shoot
- John Denver receives posthumous star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!