Posts with tag "gq"
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 03:15 PM by PopEater Staff
The soon-to-be Mr. Kim Kardashian, AKA Kris Humphries, felt his fame soar this morning with news of his engagement to one of the celebrisphere's most glamorous and omnipresent starlets. In a new photo spread for GQ magazine, contending that "you don't catch Kim Kardashian's eye by being shy," Humphries, a 26-year-old New Jersey Nets basketballer, plays the role of male swimsuit model. After ...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 08:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Rashida Jones graces the new GQ magazine to promote her summer indie 'Our Idiot Brother,' and it's no surprise her "hot lesbian make-out scene" with hipster dreamgirl Zooey Deschanel plays front and center in the article. "I feel like I've come a long way from my first job, when I had to get mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from Rip Torn," Jones says of the latest buzzy lady-on-lady smooch-on-fil...
- Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 03:16 PM by PopEater Staff
For GQ's annual Best New Designers in America feature, the magazine modeled six of the most stylish up-and-comer labels on TV casts both established and new. Four members of the controversial MTV show 'Skins' -- James Newman, Jesse Carere, Danny Flaherty and Ron Mustafaa -- donned LA-based surfwear Warriors of Radness for the shoot. Designer Rick Klotz told GQ of his inspiration: "Whenever I...
- Posted Feb 16th 2011 at 01:59 PM by Sarah Crow
Diane Kruger wowed audiences as screen siren Bridget von Hammersmark in Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds,' but she almost didn't get the part, she revealed to GQ magazine. The actress, born Diane Heidkrüger in Algermissen, Germany, told the magazine that the director originally intended to look elsewhere for an actress to play the Deutsche defector because he didn't believe that...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 07:31 AM by Zach Dionne
Channing Tatum covers the March issue of GQ magazine with (surprise!) a sexy new photo shoot. But we're psyched to say the written profile is as enticing as the 30-year-old actor's physique. Writer Jessica Pressler spent 24 hours "deep in the California desert" with 'The Eagle' hunk Tatum, who the magazine dubs "the wild one" and "America's most fun movie star." "In real life he's a big, g...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 09:44 AM by Zach Dionne
Kicking off GQ's 2011 is 'Blue Valentine' star Ryan Gosling, gracing the January cover in a classic, simple suit. The profile praises Gosling's indie cred -- "Gosling has shown a unique commitment to undermining the career he was expected to have" -- and is accompanied by a black-and-white photo shoot dubbed How to Look Like a Movie Star. The story focuses heavily on Gosling's charisma and ...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2010 at 02:25 PM by Zach Dionne
"The Situation," GQ senior editor Dan Fierman told PopEater a few weeks ago. "Lord knows, you can't talk about 2010 without addressing The Situation." Fierman was speaking about the magazine's Men of the Year issue, and possibly the first piece of long-form journalism expressly devoted to figuring out the man, the myth, the legend, The Situation. Now that profile -- with staff writer Alex Pap...
- Posted Nov 17th 2010 at 09:20 AM by Zach Dionne
Another year, another multi-cover production from GQ, marking the 15th Men of the Year issue. This installment is no slouch, with a smokin' cover of Scarlett Johansson, a James Dean-tastic James Franco, a bow-tied Drake, an inventive Stephen Colbert shot, and quite possibly history's finest Jeff Bridges portrait. Beyond the five covers, the magazine is stacked with material parsing out the star...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 09:18 AM by Zach Dionne
That time of year is upon us -- GQ's Men of the Year time. Leading the esteemed pack of gentlemen are: ► Jeff Bridges, 60, who won his first Oscar this year and went on to sit for the best photograph of his career (pictured at right). ► Stephen Colbert, 46, the still-hilarious Comedy Central host who led the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear along with Jon Stewart in October. ► Drake, 2...
- Posted Nov 15th 2010 at 09:34 AM by Zach Dionne
Save your inquisitive gripe -- "Scarlett Johansson is one of GQ's Men of the Year?" ScarJo is the babe of the year, according to the magazine's 15th year doling out the honors. No further questions necessary. In a piece accompanying the scorching hot photo shoot, 26-year-old Scarlett tells GQ, "I'm still trying to figure out what to do when I'm not making movies. I just don't do that many th...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Patricia Arquette Wins the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- Orange Is the New Black Wins Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
- William H. Macy Wins Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
- 'Birdman'? 'Boyhood'? SAG Awards to offer Oscar preview
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Veep's Reid Scott Is Going to Be a Dad, Pregnant Wife Elspeth Keller Debuts Baby Bump on 2015 SAG Awards Red Carpet!
- Why Wouldn't Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Do the Mani Cam at the 2015 SAG Awards?!
- Yes, Michael Keaton Is Aware His Son Sean Douglas Is a "Handsome Dude" and Admits He Deleted His Meryl Streep Selfie!