Posts with tag "grammys"
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 03:18 PM by John Mitchell
In a shocking move, the Recording Academy has announced a series of broad and sweeping changes to the Grammy Awards that will see the number of prizes presented reduced from 109 to 78 and gender-based categories in pop, R&B, rock and country stripped away entirely with awards for "solo performance" in each genre being awarded instead. "Every year, we diligently examine our awards structure ...
- Posted Feb 17th 2011 at 08:20 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Originally thought to have suffered an on-air stroke, CBS 2 TV reporter Serene Branson actually had a "complex migraine," her doctor said, according to the Los Angeles Times. Branson was reporting live from the Grammys on Sunday when her speech became unintelligible and she became disoriented. Video of the event immediately went viral, and doctors around the country soon began speculating the ...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 01:48 PM by PopEater Staff
Every awards show gets people talking about the outfits, but the Grammys this year were especially watercooler-worthy. Rihanna wore something like a layer cake, Nicki Minaj solidified herself as the heir to Lady Gaga's style with an off-the-wall leopard get-up and Gaga herself ... well, who'll ever forget the giant egg? PopEater hit the streets of New York to gauge people's reactions to the ...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 08:35 AM by Amber James
- Filed under:
- Grammys -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Interviews -
- Hottest Stories -
- Justin Bieber -
Justin Bieber might have briefly looked shocked over his Best New Artist loss at the Grammys on Sunday night, and his avid, sometimes maniacal, team of Beliebers are surely springing forth against winner Esperanza Spalding. But Biebs told PopEater there were in fact no hard feelings about the evening. "Yes, I wanted to win, but I had an amazing night and performed with Usher and Jaden. That's ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 09:21 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Music News -
- WTF -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Lady Gaga sure knows how to make an entrance, but after arriving at the Grammys last night encased in a giant egg atop a cross and carried by four half-naked guys, there are signs the stunt may have backfired on her. My spies backstage tell me Gaga was one of the official punchlines of the evening. "This was more ridiculous than Bjork's swan dress she wore at the Oscars," an insider tells me. ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 02:26 PM by Elizabeth Yun
While many were simply wondering "Esperanza who?" when the jazz singer won the Best New Artist award at last night's Grammys, Justin Bieber fans were nothing short of outraged. And they took to their favorite Internet megaphone to vent their Bieber frustration. Bieber nation blew up Twitter as soon as Esperanza Spalding's name was announced instead of the Biebs' (or even, gasp, Drake), running ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 09:45 AM by Rob Shuter
Christina Aguilera remembered all the lyrics during her performance at the Grammys on Sunday. Too bad she forgot how to walk. Yes, yes, yes, the 'Beautiful' belter sang wonderfully and seemed to redeem herself a week after fudging the national anthem at the Super Bowl. But all anyone is talking about the morning after is the stumble seen round the world. "It's a trainwreck," one insider ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 04:00 AM by Christo Varghese
Singer Katy Perry debuted the video of her wedding to actor/comedian Russell Brand in the unlikeliest of places: during her performance at the 2011 Grammys. According to PEOPLE, Perry was perched on a swing that began to ascend while she sang the song 'Not Like the Movies.' Footage of her wedding flashed on a curtain attached to the swing. In the video, Perry was seen sporting a veil, ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 11:45 PM by AOL Music Editors
The 53rd Annual Grammys were in need of some spunk, and Cee Lo Green came to the rescue with more than enough of it. After Jamie Foxx introduced the performer, the stage opened up to an out-of-this world scene, rockets and puppets included. But the sight that caught the most attention was Green himself, who played the familiar opening piano keys of his smash hit 'F**k You,' or in this case 'Forget ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 11:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Before tonight, there were parts of the county who probably thought Lady Antebellum was some sort of degenerative bone condition. Now, the pop-country group has emerged as the king of Grammy night and a force to be reckoned with on the music stage, outshining 10-time nominee Eminem, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to win multiple awards. But in the end, the top prize (best album) was a bombshell, going ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch: The Muppets' Swedish Chef Battles Gordon Ramsay in an Epic Food Fight
- The Latest Star to Get Hair Extensions Is ... Daniel Radcliffe? See the Photo!
- Ben Affleck: Jennifer Garner Is the Most Important Person to Me
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- ?Real Housewives of Atlanta': What should Kandi do? POLL