Posts with tag "grammys"
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 10:45 PM by Zach Dionne
Who is Esperanza Spalding? The 26-year-old jazz bassist who snatched the Best New Artist Grammy out of the hands of Justin Bieber, that's who. Although cameras quickly cut away, Bieber's disappointment at the announcement seemed clear. The AP reports Spalding had just one Grammy nomination entering the show's 53rd annual ceremony Sunday night. Drake, Mumford & Sons and Florence and the...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 08:58 PM by Zach Dionne
Lady Gaga arrived at the 2011 Grammys inside an egg. Hyping her upcoming first performance of 'Born This Way,' the singer was carried down the red carpet by a handful of her Little Monsters entourage. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the egg contained an oxygen tank. "Lady Gaga is in creative embryonic stage and won't be born until this evening," one of her carriers told Ryan Seacrest. ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 08:45 PM by John Mitchell
The 53rd Grammy Awards kicked off with a rousing tribute to soul legend Aretha Franklin with Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Florence Welch and Yolanda Adams tackling Franklin's classics. The ladies kicked things off with a group performance of '(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman' before launching into solos of 'Ain't No Way,' 'Until You Come Back to Me,' 'Think,'...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 08:32 PM by Zach Dionne
After Lady Gaga's egg, Rihanna's dress was one of the most talked-about items of the Grammy Awards red carpet. Wearing a barely there white number by Jean Paul Gaultier, Rihanna looked a little like a layer cake, a little like a Christmas decoration and a lot like a total stunner. Ryan Seacrest was visibly smitten, asking producers to follow Rihanna's entire red carpet walk before throwing to...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 08:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Katy Perry brought her grandmother to cheer her on at the 2011 Grammy Awards, complete with a bedazzled cane. Also along for the ride was husband Russell Brand, straight off his hosting gig at 'Saturday Night Live' the night before. Ryan Seacrest asked how Brand was able to make it to the Grammys to Perry's side. He thanked Orville and Wilbur Wright for inventing a "flying train." Perhaps...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 01:49 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
As if the most entertaining awards show of the year isn't star-studded enough, the humongous Grammy Awards nomination list (109 categories, hello!) includes a slew of TV favorites. Some niche categories won't make tonight's broadcast. But expect to see many of the following stars in attendance, if not winning hardware on stage. TV stars dominate the Best Comedy Album category. Kathy Griffin...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Steve Baltin
With music industry titans like Clive Davis hosting and David Geffen receiving the Industry Icon Award, Davis' annual pre-Grammy gala surely had a lot of star presence from across the generations in music and when Popeater first walked into ballroom at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and saw two legends--Neil Young chatting with Quincy Jones--we were so not disappointed. And the rest of the room...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 10:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
A new report claims that a pre-Grammys party in Hollywood was graced by Prince, but only after another singer was disinvited. R&B crooner Eric Benet -- Halle Berry's ex-husband, now engaged to Prince's ex-wife, Manuela Testolini -- was shut out of the Essence Black Women in Music event last week, the NY Post says, because organizers believed the couple would make Prince uncomfortable. ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 08:05 AM by Christine Fenno
Chris Brown has learned a lot of lessons in his young life, including how to generate controversy on Grammys weekend. After his turn as musical guest on this weekend's 'Saturday Night Live,' it's worth asking: Has the 21-year-old singer also learned that you can pound on your girlfriend's face so hard she calls 911 for rescue, and then -- just two years later -- be rewarded with a major TV spot...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 04:05 PM by Steve Baltin
The hottest party of Grammy week is unquestionably Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy soiree, an event that over the years has featured the likes of Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, a comeback performance by Whitney Houston, and so many more. This year, the party, which honors fellow music industry icon David Geffen, again promises to be spectacular with Janelle Monáe, Cee-Lo Green, and many more...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dad Sarcastically Shows His Teen Kids How to Change a Toilet Roll (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak: FBI Investigating Hackers
- RHOC Reunion: Vicki Gunvalson and Tamra Judge Take the 'Gloves Off'
- Maria Shriver cheated on Arnold Schwarzenegger too, report says
- '24' movie still might happen after all
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- EW's ?Walking Dead' cover photographer reveals how to kill a zombie
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan