Posts with tag "haiti earthquake"
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 09:41 AM by Christine Fenno
The night before presidential elections in Haiti, Fugees co-founder Wyclef Jean, 41, was treated and released from a hospital for a gunshot wound to the hand, according to his spokesperson. Jean was running for president last year, amid controversy, until Haiti's board of elections disqualified him. Jean's brother, Samuel, confirmed the shooting. Joe Mignon, an officer with Jean's Yele...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:42 AM by Sam Brand
We are still the world if Quincy Jones and an all-star squad of contemporary music stars have anything to sing about it. On Monday, Jones, Lionel Richie and Wyclef assembled what appears to be the entire VIP section from Sunday night's Grammys to re-record the monster selling single ($63 Million in sales!). Can "We Are The World – 25 For Haiti" bring home that kind of bacon in the Internet...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen,...
- Posted Jan 18th 2010 at 11:12 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Music News
The face of the ongoing tragedy in Haiti broke into tears Monday during a press conference called to dispel rumors that his Yele Haiti foundation had misused funds and failed to properly file its taxes. "If you're a man with a clear conscience, speak with a clear conscience and the world will know," Wyclef Jean said to an audience of reporters. "The books are open. We have a clean bill of health...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 11:43 AM by Sam Brand
Late night is big news this week. Jimmy Fallon is grabbing headlines today for a bit he dropped that's totally unrelated to the ongoing Conan vs. NBC saga. Ever want to know what it would sound like if Neil Young were to cover Larry Platt's "Pants on the Ground?" Here's your chance. And here's your chance to see what's up with Wyclef Jean's Yele Foundation (Is Tiger pitching in?), as well as catch...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 12:39 PM by Marc Schneider
Brad Pitt and Angelina have pledged $1 million to the relief effort in the wake of devastating earthquakes in Haiti. The Hollywood power couple are giving the huge sum to Doctors Without Borders, which is sending emergency medical operations to the battered nation. "We understand the first response is critical to serve the immediate needs of countless people who are now displaced from their...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 12:38 PM by Sam Brand
It's mostly gloom and doom on the Internet today. The Haitian government warns that "hundreds of thousands" could be dead after Tuesday's massive quake. Famed televangelist Pat Robertson has grabbed headlines by blaming the devastation on a "pact with the devil." R&B superstar Teddy Pendergrass is dead. And the 'Doomsday Clock' says the apocalypse is just a few ticks away. This is What You're...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 08:40 PM by Sam Brand
Wyclef might be the most recognizable Haitian-American on the planet, but he's certainly not the only celebrity hailing from the reeling island nation. Athletes Samuel Dalembert and Pierre Garcon, rappers Tony Yayo and Pras and 'Heroes' actor Jimmy Jean-Louis also count relatives and friends among the many victims of yesterday's massive Haitian temblor. See what they're saying about the...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 12:55 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Wyclef Jean is one of Haiti's most famous sons, and his tweeting about the earthquake there has been a galvanizing force on the Web. Jean is most famously a member of the Fugees. His publicist says he arrived Wednesday in Haiti to assist in relief efforts. ► Read Wyclef's Twitter Updates Several of the most popular topics on Twitter referred to a tweet from the singer urging people to send...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 12:12 PM by Sam Brand
The 'Hills' star went under the knife 10 times last November. And she's not done yet. "I plan to get a few more upgrades," Heidi Montag tells PEOPLE. In other news, kidnap victim Shawn Hornbeck appeared on 'The Today Show' Wednesday morning. The teen gave the impression that he's mostly recovered from his 4-and-a-half year nightmare. And Wyclef Jean asks that you pledge support to the victims of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONJ Recap: Jacqueline Laurita Returns, Shares Her Emotional Texts to Teresa
- Hilary Duff: 'Why Not' Film a Lizzie McGuire Reunion
- Jennifer Lawrence Supports Chris Martin, Kerry Washington Gives a Baby Update & More Weekend News
- Hilary Duff says new album will reflect Texas roots
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- The Good Wife Bosses Talk Shocking Status Change, Alicia and Kalinda's Friendship and More Season 6 Scoop
- Once Upon a Time's Frozen Premiere: Anna's Insane Voice, Regina's Awesome Twist and Everything You Need to Know!
- Eric "The Actor" Lynch Dies at 39, Hollywood Reacts to Beloved Howard Stern Show Caller and Guest