Posts with tag "haiti"
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 06:42 AM by PopEater Staff
John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston are lending a hand to the earthquake victims in Haiti, as the actor flew his own jet into the ravaged country equipped with relief supplies, doctors and a handful of Scientology ministers aimed at helping. According to the Associated Press, Travolta and wife Kelly Preston flew from 4 tons of military food rations and medical supplies from Florida to Haiti and a...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
Scores of stars are gathering for the 'Hope for Haiti Now' telethon to benefit earthquake victims. But of course it's not the first time that celebs have donated their time and money in the time of tragedy, domestic or international. Televised concerts and even merchandise have been used to raise relief money for decades. Such efforts have seen huge success rates, with millions of dollars being ...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen, Stin...
- Posted Jan 19th 2010 at 08:04 AM by Marc Schneider
Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta played superheros on CNN over the weekend. First off, while covering the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake, Cooper put down his camera and microphone and pulled a bloodied young boy away from a chaotic scene in front of a storefront in Port-au-Prince. Footage of the chaos shows Cooper amid a group of rock-hurling looters. The boy shown in the segment was appar...
- Posted Jan 18th 2010 at 11:12 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Music News
The face of the ongoing tragedy in Haiti broke into tears Monday during a press conference called to dispel rumors that his Yele Haiti foundation had misused funds and failed to properly file its taxes. "If you're a man with a clear conscience, speak with a clear conscience and the world will know," Wyclef Jean said to an audience of reporters. "The books are open. We have a clean bill of health f...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 08:40 PM by Sam Brand
Wyclef might be the most recognizable Haitian-American on the planet, but he's certainly not the only celebrity hailing from the reeling island nation. Athletes Samuel Dalembert and Pierre Garcon, rappers Tony Yayo and Pras and 'Heroes' actor Jimmy Jean-Louis also count relatives and friends among the many victims of yesterday's massive Haitian temblor. See what they're saying about the devastatin...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 12:55 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Wyclef Jean is one of Haiti's most famous sons, and his tweeting about the earthquake there has been a galvanizing force on the Web. Jean is most famously a member of the Fugees. His publicist says he arrived Wednesday in Haiti to assist in relief efforts. ► Read Wyclef's Twitter Updates Several of the most popular topics on Twitter referred to a tweet from the singer urging people to send a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man in Elf Costume Arrested After Being Found Passed Out in Running Van
- From EW: Sony Lawyer Says The Interview Will Still Be Distributed
- Jessica Simpson Shows Off Her Toned Legs on Instagram (PHOTOS)
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- The Duggar Family Is "Thankful" for Jinger Duggar's "Love for Jesus" as They Celebrate Her 21st Birthday
- Josh Duhamel and Fergie Celebrate Game Day With the Cutest Pictures of Baby Axl—Take a Look!
- Kris Jenner Spotted "Dirty Dancing" With Boyfriend Corey Gamble at Lance Bass and Michael Turchin's Wedding