Posts with tag "hanson"
- Posted Apr 4th 2011 at 12:05 PM by Contessa Gayles
After releasing their eighth studio album, 'Shout It Out,' in 2010, Hanson are dropping the record's second single, 'Give a Little,' on April 5. To mark the occasion, the Grammy-nominated brother trio has enlisted two great musical talents to remix the track. One rendition of the single was mixed by Roots drummer Questlove, who has also worked with Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Common and Fiona Apple,...
- Posted Oct 26th 2010 at 02:35 PM by Ashley Iasimone
On Nov. 1, Hanson will be kicking off the third leg of their tour in support of the album 'Shout It Out' with opening act Jarrod Gorbel (the Honorary Title). Check out the full list of tour dates, and if you want a pair of tickets to one of the upcoming concerts, enter to win here by Friday, Oct. 29 at 11:59PM EST. To go along with the tour ticket giveaway, we sent questions from...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Hanson are currently on the road in support of their latest album, 'Shout It Out,' and have been checking in from the road all along the way. In their latest video, the band hits the West Coast, stopping to talk about their more "straight ahead" album and its strong ties to Motown. "One of the great things about this new record was we were able to sort of connect with Motown in a major way,"...
- Posted Sep 8th 2010 at 05:26 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
It's no secret that Hanson's video for 'Thinking 'Bout Somethin'' pays homage the 1980 film 'The Blues Brothers,' but when the guys made a pit stop on their Shout It Out tour to do a radio interview in Chicago, they really opened up about the inspirations behind their video concept. "The video was a blast to make," Taylor tells 101.9 The Mix. "We didn't shoot in Chicago -- we shot in Tulsa --...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 12:21 PM by PopEater Staff
Hanson are currently on the road in support of their latest album, 'Shout It Out,' and will be checking in from the road all along the way. In their third video, the band takes a look back at the last week of the tour, which included stops in the Midwest. The video captures the energy of the band's recent shows, documenting everything from their backstage prep to their onstage euphoria. After...
- Posted Aug 5th 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Hanson are currently on the road in support of their latest album, 'Shout It Out,' and will be checking in from the road all along the way. In their second video, the band rehearses their cover of 'Dancing in the Street' by Martha and the Vandellas while on their second week of tour in Asheville, N.C. "We wanted to let you guys in on a little rehearsal for an oldie but a goodie," Taylor says....
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
A free concert by pop band Hanson and up-and-coming Canadian rapper Drake was canceled Tuesday after twice as many people as anticipated showed up and many became unruly, police said. The show started at about 6 PM with an opening act at Pier 17 on Manhattan's South Street Seaport, a popular summer locale for concerts. Hanson, the Tulsa, Okla., brothers behind the 1997 hit 'Mmmbop,' and...
- Posted Jun 11th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Emily Tan
When 'MMMBop' hit the airwaves in April 1997, everyone got their first introduction to a young trio of brothers with long blond hair and high-pitched voices called Hanson. While many pop acts disappear as quickly as they rise, these bright-eyed boys from Tulsa, Okla., have continued to produce a number of albums, start their own record label and even travel to Africa to help the fight against...
- Posted May 24th 2010 at 06:22 PM by Ashley Iasimone
UPDATE: Hanson's AOL Sessions performance will go live at a later date. In anticipation of the June 8 release of their new album, 'Shout It Out,' Hanson recently took over AOL's New York headquarters for a live performance at Sessions. The cameras were rolling as Zac, Taylor and Isaac Hanson entered the office, catching footage of the them in the green room, on the set of their photo shoot...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Ashley Iasimone
When Hanson were on the road with their last album, 2007's 'The Walk,' their hands were full playing shows while also raising money and awareness to help fight HIV/AIDS and poverty in Africa. Carrying such a weighty message from city to city, they found a breath of fresh air at soundchecks and in hotel rooms, where they began writing new music that was inspired by something a little lighter -- the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Saturday Night Live's Michael Che Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Pull Your Damn Pants Up'
- Watch the American Music Awards Red Carpet Live Right Here
- Miley Cyrus Celebrates 22nd Birthday with Beau Patrick Schwarzenegger
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Meghan Trainor Says Kim Kardashian ''Has an Amazing Butt!'' Plus, ''All About That Bass'' Singer Talks Looking for a Boyfriend
- Fergie Reveals Baby Axl's Latest Milestone After Arriving in Giant Party Bus to American Music Awards
- 2014 American Music Awards Red Carpet—See All the Stars as They Arrive!