Posts with tag "hbo"
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 11:05 AM by Amber James
Charlie Sheen is apparently blowing hot air about an HBO series deal that he claims would net him $5 million per episode. A rep at HBO tells PopEater there is "no truth to this." Sorry, Charlie! In a message to RadarOnline.com, Sheen said that he was moving to HBO to do his own half-hour show titled 'Sheen's Corner.' Sheen said, "I'm close to securing a deal with HBO for a 10 show guarantee. It...
- Posted Nov 9th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Sarah Crow
'Boardwalk Empire' star Gretchen Mol is expecting her second child with her husband, 'Paranormal Activity 2' director Kip Williams. PEOPLE reports that the actress will give birth in February, during the show's hiatus. Williams and Mol have one son together, 3-year-old Ptolemy John. The 38-year-old actress says that she and Williams are excited to become parents again, although others...
- Posted Oct 28th 2010 at 04:00 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Sister Wives' may soon be your only source for multiple marriage on television. HBO has announced that the upcoming fifth season of 'Big Love' will be the show's last. The controversial drama, which centers on the life of the polygamous Hendrickson clan, has been a Sunday night success for the network since it first aired in 2006. The show's co-creator, Will Scheffer, told E! Online of the new...
- Posted Oct 11th 2010 at 04:15 PM by Ben Trivett
HBO's fan favorite show 'Eastbound & Down' is back on the air and south of the border this season, with Kenny Powers, played by Danny McBride, taking his antics to Mexico for another shot at baseball glory. After last season's craziness, it's safe to say that going international was the only way to up the ante. We were recently lucky enough to catch up with Danny and 'Eastbound' creator Jody...
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Budgets over $200 million are usually reserved for the likes of Jerry Bruckheimer and James Cameron. That kind of budget buys a lot of explosions, car chases, 3-D effects and big-time stars. Well, $217 million is what HBO spent to produce it's Emmy nominated World War II miniseries 'The Pacific.' They spent an additional $10 million on an aggressive marketing campaign, according to a story in...
- Posted Oct 26th 2009 at 10:41 AM by PopEater Staff
Life imitated art when actor Stephen Moyerproposed to his 'True Blood' co-star Anna Paquin. "There's a song Bill listens to in the car about a white sandy beach," Moyer told British Glamour magazine, referring to Bill Compton, his vampire character on the HBO show. "So we decided to go away for a break – to a white sandy beach – and that's where it happened."...
- Posted Oct 1st 2009 at 08:56 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
A former prosecutor says he made up a story he told a film crew about advising a judge handling Roman Polanski's sex case to send the director to prison, according to an indieWIRE report. In 'Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired,' David F. Wells is depicted as conferring with a trial judge more than 30 years ago about Polanski's case. Wells said in the documentary that the judge took his advice in...
- Posted Sep 21st 2009 at 11:00 AM by Bryan Alexander
Is it possible to have too many vampires in one sandbox? If you're 'True Blood' star Carrie Preston, the answer is probably yes now that the crowded landscape includes 'The Vampire Diaries.' "They have drained this corpse dry," Preston, who plays Arlene Fowler on 'Blood,' told PopEater about all of the fanged projects of late. More vampire talk after the jump!...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Reveals She Had a Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Ends Justify the Mean (Spoilers)
- The Royals Go Wild, Miley Cyrus Channels a Duck & More Weekend News
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more