Posts with tag "heathledger"
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 12:45 PM by Matthew Shepatin
Australians are taking over Hollywood, and Rhys Wakefield gets it. The 22-year-old Aussie newcomer stars in this weekend's big release, 'Sanctum,' a James Cameron-executive produced underwater thriller. Yet in spite of the stardom that can befall an unknown Australian actor in a James Cameron 3-D project, Wakefield's not ready to annoint himself the next Sam Worthington. "Heh. I don't know," he...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2009 at 03:00 PM by Mike Ryan
'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' was just supposed to be the latest entry into director Terry Gilliam's long line of beautiful yet bizarre filmmaking canon -- the story of a traveling band of street performers that carry with them a very real gateway into the the world of a person's imagination. Lily Cole -- who plays Valentina, the love interest of Heath Ledger's Tony -- sat down with PopEat...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 02:00 PM by Tricia Romano
We already know that death sometimes pays off for artists. In Michael Jackson's case, death is paying off in dollars ($20 million worldwide so far), but will it pay off in pretty gold statuettes? Elizabeth Taylor might have been a tad hyperbolic when she Tweeted: "It is the single most brilliant piece of filmmaking I have ever seen. It cements forever Michael's genius in every aspect of creativi...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:46 PM by Tricia Romano
Dead music stars still have major drawing power. Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary and CD 'This Is It' is released this week, and if history is any guide, his estate stands to make a lot of money. Since his death in June, 9 million Jackson albums have been sold -- which means he's already beaten John Lennon and Elvis Presley in his fourth act. Actors like Marilyn Monroe and Heath Ledge...
- Posted Oct 25th 2009 at 12:00 PM by Scott Harris
Just when you thought that things couldn't get any worse for 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' stars Jon and Kate Gosselin in their legal battle over the show and their children, they've something even more powerful than our nation's judicial system: the long arm of the fictional law on 'Law & Order'. Since the debut of the franchise, 'Law & Order' (and its spin-off shows) have specialized in...
- Posted Aug 11th 2009 at 09:37 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Well, it's finally here -- the trailer for 'The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus,' which features Heath Ledger in his final role. Although the movie had been temporarily suspended after Ledger's death, director Terry Gilliam cast Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell take over the scenes Ledger had not yet filmed. See the trailer: ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall Jenner Posts Sweet Message to Bruce Jenner Before Heading Out of Town
- Kim Kardashian Shares Support for Bruce Jenner but Admits Transition Has Been an 'Adjustment' for the Family
- Sisters Missing for 2 Weeks Survive on Girl Scout Cookies And Cheese Puffs
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife Linda Thompson Posts Essay After ABC Interview, Talks Marriage and Says She's Grateful
- Rob Kardashian Calls Bruce Jenner a "Role Model" After Diane Sawyer Interview, Kim Kardashian Shares Selfies
- Kris Humphries Posts Snarky Tweet After Bruce Jenner Interview, Then Clarifies Message—Find Out What He Said