Posts with tag "ian mckellen"
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 06:39 PM by Jo Piazza
Hollywood still has a ways to go when it comes to accepting gay actors and actresses, according to openly gay actor and longtime LGBT rights activist Sir Ian McKellen, who told PopEater on Thursday that he fears agents and managers are still forcing stars to stay in the closet. "I don't think any gay person is going to be happy and bring joy to themselves and other people unless they can be...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Jo Piazza
We learned recently that Sir Ian McKellen still isn't signed on to play Gandalf in Peter Jackson's two-film adaptation of 'The Hobbit,' and many have speculated that McKellen has been angling for more money. We caught up with our favorite wizard at the Savannah Film Festival and he said he just wants Warner Bros. to give him a call. McKellen is currently enjoying the six months of the year...
- Posted Nov 13th 2009 at 05:09 PM by Denise Warner
'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' vampire Jamie Campbell Bower stars in the upcoming AMC remake of 'The Prisoner' as 11-12, a troubled, rebellious young man whose father -- played by Sir Ian McKellen -- rules over "The Village,' a remote island kingdom. The actor talks with PopEater about working with the legendary Oscar-winner, starring in both the 'Twilight' series and 'Harry Potter,' (He will...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 02:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Sir Ian McKellen stopped by 'The View' on Thursday for a friendly chat about his latest project, but ended up schooling Whoopi Goldberg on the difference between Dumbledore and Gandalf. After discussions about his TV series 'The Prisoner' and a semi-testy exchange with Elisabeth Hasselbeck about flu shots and government health care, McKellen got asked: "Are you coming back in 'Harry Potter'?"...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 10:47 AM by Jo Piazza
It hasn't been the greatest month to be God. The supreme being has been getting attacked from all angles out in Hollywood and no single faith is being spared. Larry David, Sarah Silverman and Sir Ian McKellan are among the offenders who have all individually joined in on the faith-bashing. Scientology has even been getting more bad press than usual, and from some of their own. After the jump we...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
Note to hotel managers: unless you want it to be altered forever, remove that Bible from Sir Ian McKellen's bedside drawer before he shows up. In a Q&A with Details magazine, the openly gay 'Lord of the Rings' star admits to a habit of tearing out the Bible passage that condemns homosexuality -- Leviticus 18:22 -- every time he finds one in his hotel room. The passage: "Thou shalt not lie...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alexa Ray Joel Opens Up About Health Scare
- Ryan Lochte, Ireland Baldwin Look Hot (and Strip Down) In Calvin Klein Ads
- Will Arnett Files for Divorce From Amy Poehler
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- Taylor Swift crashes superfan's bridal shower ? VIDEO
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments
- Sofía Vergara Was "Nervous" Filming Threesome in Fading Gigolo, Got Pointers From Co-Star Sharon Stone
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Photobombs His Son Patrick During Hospital Visit—See The Pic!