Posts with tag "ja rule"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 10:25 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
Ja Rule will turn himself in today to begin a two-year prison sentence for his guilty plea for possession of a loaded gun four years ago. The rapper, born Jeffrey Atkins, will most likely be taken to an upstate New York facility where he hopes to put his time behind bars to good use -- completing his GED, writing a book and learning to play the guitar, according to the AP. "Laws are laws," Ja...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 08:20 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Ja Rule pled guilty to tax evasion on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. The rapper failed to pay taxes on more than $3 million in income he earned between 2004 and 2006. He faces up to three years in prison. Ja Rule, born Jeffrey Atkins, earned the money while living in Saddle River, an upscale community in New Jersey with his wife and children. He earned as much as $1.59 million in 2005...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Ja Rule agreed Monday to go to prison for two years in a gun case, becoming the second platinum-selling rapper set to do time after arrests in the aftermath of a star-studded hip-hop concert in July 2007. The rapper-actor -- whose gravelly voice, thuggish tough talk and duets with R&B divas made him one of rap's stars in the early 2000s -- pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Princess Kate Keeping Quiet on Sex of Her New Baby
- Goodfellas Actor Sues The Simpsons for Using His Likeness, 23 Years Later
- What Gets Rene Russo Fired Up?
- 'Honey Boo Boo's' Mama June: I'm not dating child sex offender
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation