Posts with tag "ja rule"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 10:25 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
Ja Rule will turn himself in today to begin a two-year prison sentence for his guilty plea for possession of a loaded gun four years ago. The rapper, born Jeffrey Atkins, will most likely be taken to an upstate New York facility where he hopes to put his time behind bars to good use -- completing his GED, writing a book and learning to play the guitar, according to the AP. "Laws are laws," Ja R...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 08:20 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Ja Rule pled guilty to tax evasion on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. The rapper failed to pay taxes on more than $3 million in income he earned between 2004 and 2006. He faces up to three years in prison. Ja Rule, born Jeffrey Atkins, earned the money while living in Saddle River, an upscale community in New Jersey with his wife and children. He earned as much as $1.59 million in 2005 a...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Ja Rule agreed Monday to go to prison for two years in a gun case, becoming the second platinum-selling rapper set to do time after arrests in the aftermath of a star-studded hip-hop concert in July 2007. The rapper-actor -- whose gravelly voice, thuggish tough talk and duets with R&B divas made him one of rap's stars in the early 2000s -- pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tim Tebow to Organize 45 Proms for People with Special Needs
- New Dad Ryan Reynolds Jokes He's 'Even Tried Breastfeeding'
- Aubrey Plaza Spills 3 Secrets from the Parks and Rec Set
- Taylor Swift posts sexy bikini snaps and shows off her belly button
- Clint Eastwood says 'American Sniper' makes strong anti-war statement
- Kanye West gives rambling 8 minute speech at award show
- Five directors who can help Johnny Depp recover from ?Mortdecai'
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- Christina Milian Gets Emotional While Bonding With Her Daughter Violet—See the Adorable Turned Up Clip!
- Galavant Guys Reveal Super-Secret Show Plan: "Makey-Uppy-As-We-Go-Alongy" (Watch and Try Not to Laugh!)
- SAG Awards by the Numbers: 142 Bottles of Tequila, 20,000 Square Feet of Red Carpet and... 500 Million Champagne Bubbles!