Posts with tag "james franco"
- Posted Jun 29th 2011 at 03:22 PM by Kelly Fisher
The first music video off James Franco's EP with drag queen and performance artist Kalup Linzy makes no sense -- and we really wouldn't expect anything different from the actor/writer/student/artist/host/musician. Apparently, Franco's musical endeavor with Linzy is legit. The duo, dubbed Kalup & Franco, will release their first EP, 'Turn It Up,' on July 12. Lucky us -- we all get a preview...
- Posted Jun 7th 2011 at 07:55 PM by Boombox Editors
Relentless polymath James Franco continues his quest to shame the rest of the world with a surprising (but not really) new turn as a member of experimental music group Kalup & Franco. The Yale-educated Ph.D. actor, writer, director and multiple degree-holder recently finished a stint on daytime soap 'General Hospital,' where he invited drag queen, Guggenheim fellow and soap opera satirist...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2011 at 06:45 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
James Franco is a busy, busy guy: acting, writing, filmmaking, going to school-he's even teaching a course about himself at a college in Los Angeles! And though he's currently pursuing a PhD in English from Yale, Franco is also enrolling in a second doctorate program. That's right. In addition to all of his pursuits, the '127 Hours' actor is pursuing a second PhD at the University of Houston. ...
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 02:50 PM by AOL TV Editors
During James Franco's appearance on 'The Colbert Report' he managed to get into an intense argument with Stephen Colbert over who had been the bigger fan of 'Lord of the Rings' author J.R.R. Tolkien growing up. "I hear that you were a big Tolkien fan," Franco told Colbert. "I was the biggest Tolkien fan." But Colbert rose Franco's challenge with gusto....
- Posted Apr 4th 2011 at 06:55 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After trying Twitter for a couple months, James Franco declared: social media is dead. While attending a creative writing nonprofit benefit last week, the actor-writer-student told Policito he doesn't see a future for the Twitters and Facebooks of the world. "Social media is over. Still up there. Going down. You heard it here first," Franco said. And although his Twitter account is still...
- Posted Apr 1st 2011 at 02:00 PM by Brittany Weiss
A certain dabbling celebrity known as James Franco will join the professor ranks at New York University this fall. It's so exciting, we at PopEater literally jumped for joy. Watch this week's 'POP-arazzi' to see how the rest of New York City feels about Professor James Franco....
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 08:05 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
For the first time since hosting the Oscars, James Franco is addressing rumors that he was stoned during the gig. In an interview on 'The Late Show With Dave Letterman,' airing Thursday evening, the actor reveals why he appeared so low energy. "People said I was under the influence," Franco said during his 'Late Show' interview, which airs tonight. "Now why would they say that?" asked...
- Posted Mar 30th 2011 at 12:15 PM by Sarah Crow
MTV's Josh Horowitz may not be a household name to everyone, but he's got some friends in high places. In his latest installment of his online show, 'After Hours With Josh Horowitz,' the host and buddies James Franco and 'Pineapple Express' star Danny McBride engage in a little "male bondage." Franco, who recently signed on to teach graduate classes at NYU, put Horowitz through the wringer...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 10:05 AM by Kelly Fisher
It's no secret that James Franco's hosting job wasn't really up to par. Critics slammed his barely there attitude and general awkwardness during the telecast. But when Oscar joke writer Bruce Vilanch opened up to New York magazine's Vulture blog about Franco's flop, the actor took to Twitter to return a dig at Vilanch. "He has so many balls in the air, he didn't get to town till Thursday before...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2011 at 09:20 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- WTF -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
James Franco, who joined Twitter just two weeks ago to help promote the Oscars, is now using the site to defend himself against haters -- namely a fellow student at Yale -- who skewered him not for his maligned performance on Sunday, but for his style of tweeting. "James Franco, your Twitter sort of sucks," Yale Daily News writer Cokey Cohen posted Saturday. In her article, Cohen argued that...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Can You Guess the Best Series Emmy Nominations?
- Funny Video: Dog Hates the Alarm Clock as Much as You Do
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Three Years of Dating: Reports
- Chris Brown Appreciates Karrueche Tran for "Putting Up With My S--t," Talks Babies (Wait, What?!)
- Remember When Beyoncé and Jay Z Went to Cuba? Well, It Was Completely Legal So You Can Stop Worrying About It Now