Posts with tag "james franco"
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 08:51 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
The reviews are rolling in for James Franco's hosting performance at last night's Oscars, and they aren't good: "Distracted and blasé," writes The New York Times, while The Hollywood Reporter comes right out and says he straight-up "bombed." My spies behind the scenes tell me producers knew before the show was even over that trying to go after a young, tech-happy demo by hiring James and ...
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 08:35 PM by Sarah Crow
Anne Hathaway and James Franco reminded audiences why they're crowd favorites with their hilarious intro monologue at the Oscars. OSCAR HIGHLIGHTS: ► Natalie Portman Wins Best Actress ► Kirk Douglas Keeps Actresses in Suspense ► Billy Crystal Returns to Oscars Stage ► Franco and Hathaway Take on 'Inception ► Oscars Red Carpet Photos ► Scarlett's New Oscar ...
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 11:06 AM by Moviefone Editors
'Black Swan' was the big winner at the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards. The ballet drama won four awards at the event in Los Angeles on Saturday, including the ceremony's most coveted prize, Best Feature. The film also snagged the awards for Best Director (Darren Aronofsky), Best Female Lead (Natalie Portman) and Best Cinematography (Matthew Libatique). Portman, who has been sweeping ...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 05:02 PM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Gervais isn't letting any lingering controversy over his inflammatory Golden Globes material stop him from suggesting some new jokes for Sunday's Academy Awards. Kidding around with readers of his official website, Gervais posted a sample monologue he wrote for Oscar hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway, including a wisecrack he'd have Franco make about his own nominated performance: "You ...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2011 at 07:50 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
James Franco tweeted a short video on Wednesday, showing himself and fellow Oscar host Anne Hathaway reenacting the final scene of 'Grease.' The clip was 19 seconds long and had no dialogue. It's unclear whether the clip will be featured during Sunday night's Oscar telecast. Franco, who joined Twitter last week along with his mother and grandmother, has close to 150,000 followers. His tweets ...
- Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 08:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Anne Hathaway and James Franco are hosting the Oscars this Sunday, and while they're hoping to get a few laughs, they won't be going the Ricky Gervais route. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Hathaway revealed why she won't be heckling her fellow Hollywood heavyweights. "I can guarantee that if you're looking for someone to call people out, we're not your hosts," Hathaway said. "I ...
- Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 09:39 AM by Kelly Fisher
Just as James Franco promised, there will be some singing and dancing when he takes the stage with Anne Hathaway at the Oscars on Sunday. However, not all songs they practice will make the final cut. Yesterday, Franco tweeted a link to one of the songs "pulled" from the show -- with good reason. "They pulled this from the Oscar show. Damn it," Franco tweeted -- in jest -- with a link to him ...
- Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 12:45 AM by The Editors of StyleList
Does James Franco sleep? And if so, when? Now, in between teaching a course on himself, co-hosting the Oscars and appearing on soap operas, Franco is wearing the hat of Harper's Bazaar interviewer, with a Q&A in the March issue with Gucci designer Frida Giannini. Franco has also posed in ads for the design house. The actor has a bit of a professional crush on the pretty blonde designer. ...
- Posted Feb 21st 2011 at 08:30 AM by Kelly Fisher
A trip back to 'Oz' just got interesting. According to sources, Mila Kunis is reportedly eying a leading role opposite James Franco in a prequel to 'The Wizard of Oz.' According to Vulture, Kunis has turned down the lead role in Warner Bros.' 'Akira' in favor of director Sam Raimi's 'Oz, The Great and Powerful.' She is apparently interested in the role of Theodorah, who eventually becomes the ...
- Posted Feb 18th 2011 at 04:50 PM by Sarah Crow
It's embarassing enough for a normal person when their family members enter the social networking game and exponentially more so when that person is famous, or so one would think. Oscar nominee James Franco has just found out how it feels, now that his mother and grandmother have joined Twitter. Luckily for the '127 Hours' star, their tweets have been pretty benign (and adorable) so far. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Space Companion Pays $1.5 Million for Ticket
- Openly Gay Boy Scout Has Mixed Feelings About Group's New Policy
- Nicole Kidman Wears Anne Hathaway's (Rumored) Abandoned Oscars Dress to Cannes
- Memorial Day weekend special: Stars on the Beach!
- Can Britney Spears handle the pressures of a major Las Vegas show?
- Amanda Bynes arrested after tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- 10 things we learned from Billy Joel's big ?New York Times Magazine' interview
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Woohoo! ?Simpsons' fans rejoice! Universal Studios is building Springfield