Posts with tag "james franco"
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 05:30 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Actor, writer, Oscar host and now singer. According to Vulture, Cynthia Rowley fashion show attendees got the first taste of James Franco as a recording artist when models stomped the runway to his new song, 'I Love You.' James collaborated with Kalup Linzy for the pop-funk tune, which is just the first of an unfinished EP from the duo. Rowley called on house music mix-masters The Misshapes to...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 08:18 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Is there anything James Franco can't do? The 32-year-old isn't just an Academy Award nominated actor, he's the upcoming Oscar host, proven soap star, knockout drag queen, published author and a soon-to-be professor of a class about himself. (Way to make the rest of us feel like underachievers, James.) And now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the renaissance Hollywood man is in talks to...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 12:05 AM by Moviefone Editors
If there's one indisputable truism of the 21st century, it's that James Franco can do pretty much whatever he wants. He's one of Hollywood's most sought-after actors -- every bit as comfortable in dramas like 'Milk' as he is smoking a cross joint and mumbling in lighter fare like 'Pineapple Express.' And he's not just nominated for an Oscar this year, he's also co-hosting the ceremony. Moreover,...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 12:30 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
James Franco will have double hosting duties come Oscar night. According to PEOPLE, after hosting the 83rd Annual Academy Award show alongside Anne Hathaway, Franco is inviting an intimate group of friends and colleagues to continue the celebration at his new bar, The Writer's Room, in LA. "It's at a secret location," Franco told Canadian show, etalk. "And that's what I'm looking forward to...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 08:00 AM by Kelly Fisher
As the Academy Awards inch closer, a new promo for the big night shows co-hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco prepping for the ultimate hosting gig -- complete with dance lessons and wardrobe-malfunction preparedness. In the new clip, Franco and Hathaway can be seen working on their fitness -- using Oscar statues as weights -- and brushing up on their seemingly rough dancing skills. And, in...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 07:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
James Franco barely survived a harrowing experience on 'The Daily Show.' After having to get into character for his film '127 Hours,' where his character's arm was trapped in a rock collapse, it must have been eerie to suffer a similar calamity. As he explained it, "I was trying to get a Fun-Size Snickers bar out of the mini-fridge, and it came down on me and I can't get my arm out." Franco...
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 07:41 PM by Rebecca Macatee
James Franco strives to be controversial. So when Newsweek gathered some of the country's most respected actors to discuss their craft, Franco outdid his peers by referencing a sex tape he made as a teenager. "Anybody who has made a home sex tape knows what feels best doesn't always look best," Franco said. "I remember when I was 19 doing that, and then watching it back and thinking, 'Oh, that...
- Posted Jan 19th 2011 at 08:40 AM by Kelly Fisher
Now that the Golden Globes have come and gone, it's time to talk Oscars. The actor, among other things, James Franco will take the stage at the famous Kodak Theatre on Feb. 27 alongside Anne Hathaway to host the Academy Awards. So what do the pair have in store for Hollywood's big night? "There will be some singing and some dancing," Franco told PEOPLE. "We haven't started...
- Posted Jan 3rd 2011 at 06:00 PM by Jett Wells
James Franco is either on a mission to become pop culture's most ubiquitous Renaissance man or he's shoring up his resume to run for president. He's worn lipstick for a magazine cover, written scripts, will host the 83rd Academy Awards, is currently working on his PhD and, of course, we know him best as an actor, but now he's expanding his CV yet again. According to Roger Friedman at Showbiz...
- Posted Dec 20th 2010 at 02:58 PM by Jett Wells
James Franco is such a rebel. When Entertainment Weekly asked the actor about his Oscar-hosting gig, he said he didn't want to do it at first but then was encouraged by the fact that everyone around him thought it was terrible idea. In short, he decided he didn't care what people thought. "When we finally met and discussed it in person, all my representatives were saying, 'No! Of course not!'"...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Dance & Sing in New Commercial
- Tom Colicchio on His Favorite Top Chef Moment
- Mother Who Lost Kids in Christmas Day Fire Tells Oprah She Doesn't Blame God (Video)
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!