Posts with tag "james cameron"
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 09:35 AM by John Mitchell
Coming soon to a theater near you: A movie you saw on the big screen seven times in 1997. In honor of the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's doomed maiden voyage, Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox are re-releasing James Cameron's 1997 Oscar winner 'Titanic' on April 6, 2012. But that's not all! This time around, when Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet set sail, they'll be in 3D. ...
- Posted Feb 5th 2011 at 11:07 AM by Moviefone Editors
Last spring, 'Transformers' director Michael Bay was on top of the world, estimated to have earned $125 million in 2009, according to Vanity Fair's annual number-crunching. Imagine doubling that, as our pals at Moviefone explain the magazine's new list of who was on top in 2010. At the No. 1 spot is a name that should come as no surprise: James Cameron. (The filmmaker's super-high tally of $257...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 12:45 PM by Matthew Shepatin
Australians are taking over Hollywood, and Rhys Wakefield gets it. The 22-year-old Aussie newcomer stars in this weekend's big release, 'Sanctum,' a James Cameron-executive produced underwater thriller. Yet in spite of the stardom that can befall an unknown Australian actor in a James Cameron 3-D project, Wakefield's not ready to annoint himself the next Sam Worthington. "Heh. I don't know," he...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 05:45 PM by Zach Dionne
After an inspirational chat with Ryan Seacrest, director James Cameron has joined Twitter. Tweeting straight from the heart, Cameron wrote in his inaugural post on Friday, "ryan seacrest told me I had to get on Twitter. So here I am. First tweet. I feel younger already." The reportedly difficult, sometimes egomaniacal director of 'Avatar,' 'Titanic' and the first two 'Terminator' films...
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 11:59 AM by Zach Dionne
James Cameron's 'Avatar' sequels may hit theaters by Christmas of 2014 and 2015, the director tells Entertainment Weekly. "I am in the process of writing the next two 'Avatar' films now," Cameron says. "We are planning to shoot them together and post them together, and we will probably release them not quite back to back, but about a year apart. Christmas '14 and '15 is the current plan." EW...
- Posted Dec 19th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
In 2010, Hollywood went bonkers for 3-D, hoping (and often failing) to emulate the runaway success of 'Avatar.' But attention, fans of James Cameron's 2009 blockbuster, because there's more Pandora -- and Jake Sully -- on the way, in the form of an upcoming sequel. "We've been discussing that with Jim," Sam Worthington told Moviefone from the set of his new film, 'Man on a Ledge.' "He had some...
- Posted Jul 19th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
You think you loved Avatar? Well there's no way your ardor could have matched the near-obsession of the few movie watchers who live the film every day of their lives. The Peruvian Amazon is about as close to Pandora as can possibly exist on this planet and in June, the 3-D phenomenon finally made it to the Amazon port city, Iquitos -- a metropolis of about 700,000 reachable only by plane and...
- Posted Jun 8th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Director James Cameron is clearing up comments he made regarding the BP oil spill. In an interview at the All Things Digital tech conference last Wednesday, Cameron said, "Over the last few weeks, I've watched, as we all have, with growing horror and heartache, watching what's happening in the Gulf and thinking those morons don't know what they're doing." Well, the 'Avatar' director went on...
- Posted Jun 5th 2010 at 02:26 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
From Angelina Jolie's maternal instincts to Madonna's desperate attempt to recapture her youth, PopEater Canada brings you the sartorial successes and big messes from the red carpets of Hollywood. This week: 'Jersey Shore' producers open up about the "herpes nest" they've created with the show's ever "mixing" actors, 50 Cent explains his shocking weight loss and vanishing tattoos, clean-shaven...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 02:45 PM by Dino Sossi
You can fight city hall, even if the battle is deep in the rain forests of Brazil. Hollywood mega-director James Cameron believes Brazil's Amazon rain forest is the climactic setting for an 'Avatar'-like battle between indigenous people and a giant hydroelectric project, reports the Telegraph. "I'm drawn into a situation where a real-life 'Avatar' confrontation is in progress," said Cameron,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- City's 'Ugly' Christmas Tree Prompts Public Outcry
- Chris Hemsworth & Elsa Pataky Adopt Puppy - Is There Anything Cuter?
- The Makeup That'll Instantly Make You Look More Awake
- Report: $4K in instruments stolen from Leon Russell's backing band tour bus in San Antonio
- Justin Bieber comes out on top for top earning celebs under 30
- Candace Cameron Bure: What Christmas means to my family
- This week's cover: Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell in ?Unbroken'
- John Oliver thinks the president's pardoned turkey has no case
- Waka Flocka Flame shills throat drops because he's Waka Flocka Flame
- Your Guide To What's Actually New on TV This Thanksgiving Week
- Katie Holmes Calls Suri Cruise "Very Organized," Reveals What's on Her Daughter's 2014 Christmas List!
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Take Their Kids on a Road Trip, Then Go on a Parents-Only Date