Posts with tag "jane lynch"
- Posted Jun 2nd 2011 at 03:05 PM by AOL TV Editors
It's official, funny lady Jane Lynch will be the host of the 63rd annual Emmys on Fox. The 'Glee' star, who won an Emmy in 2010 for her role as sardonic cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, will preside over the live show airing Sun., Sept. 18 on Fox. "I am tickled pink to be hosting the Primetime Emmys on Fox," Lynch said in a statement. "I'm looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my...
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 06:10 AM by Moviefone Editors
In the first 'Hangover' movie Zach Galifianakis' character Alan refers to Rainman as a 'retard,' and though the comment gets a big laugh, Hollywood heavyweights are stepping in to make sure this type of slur is no longer used. A PSA recently hit the airwaves featuring 'Glee' stars Jane Lynch and Lauren Potter discussing why racial and social slurs are hurtful. The campaign, called the...
- Posted May 24th 2011 at 06:57 PM by AOL TV Editors
Jane Lynch is close to signing a deal to host Fox's telecast of the 2011 Emmys, Deadline reports. Wednesday night's meeting of the TV Academy board of governors may see Lynch cemented as host. However, the 'Glee' star isn't the only Fox figure being considered. Rumors have it that 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane and 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest are also in the running. Last year,...
- Posted Feb 6th 2011 at 05:55 PM by Kristina Lucarelli
We know, we know. It's hard to believe the 'Glee' cast was ever anything more than a bunch of singing, dancing, cavity-inducing kids. Or in Sue Sylvester's case, a cringe- and quote-worthy tyrant. But they all had lives and gigs before they became award-winning household names -- however weird and embarrassing they may have been. Hollywood Life recently reported Cory Monteith was a Wal-Mart...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 07:58 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Get excited, Gleeks! Jane Lynch, the award-winning actress who plays Sue Sylvester on 'Glee,' is writing a memoir. The AP reports that the 50-year-old comedienne's autobiographical novel 'Happy Accidents' will come out in September. Lynch has won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her role as the insufferable, narcissistic cheerleading coach of the McKinley High 'Cheerios.' Lynch married her...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 12:51 PM by Zach Dionne
Speaking to TV critics at a press conference in LA, 'Modern Family' and 'Married ... With Children' star Ed O'Neill praised 'Glee' star Jane Lynch, then slammed her 2010 Emmy win. "I love Jane, honestly I do," O'Neill said, TV Guide Canada reports. "I'm dying to star in one of Christopher Guest's movies alongside her, but I don't think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part. [Sue...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2010 at 03:02 PM by PopEater Staff
Jane Lynch left Sue Sylvester's wardrobe of tracksuits back on the 'Glee' set and instead dons a leopard print robe while surrounded by male models for her spread in the November issue of More magazine, where she sounds off on her hit FOX show and her marriage to Lara Embry. The Emmy-winning actress was already committed to two other series (Starz's 'Party Down' and an ABC project) when she was...
- Posted Oct 10th 2010 at 09:12 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Jane Lynch hosted 'Saturday Night Live' this week, and in last night's episode, the 'Glee' star hit a series of high notes in sketches with Andy Samberg. The 50-year-old host kicked off with a strong monologue (let's nevermind that bizarre off-one-shoulder coat), during which she and Fred Armisen sang with gusto about Sue Sylvester -- an admittedly "terrible!" ditty she nevertheless hoped would...
- Posted Jun 1st 2010 at 07:05 PM by PopEater Staff
'Glee' scene-stealer Jane Lynch married girlfriend, Lara Embry, at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Massachusetts on Monday, Star Magazine is reporting. Though the couple lives in California, they held the ceremony in Massachusetts where same-sex marriage is permitted. Star reveals the intimate ceremony for 21 guests began at 5:30pm and was held on the restaurant's outdoor porch...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
In an exclusive 'Glee' preview, Jane Lynch -- who plays the show's cruel cheerleading coach, Sue Sylvester -- strikes a pose in her version of Madonna's 'Vogue.' Fox has released an authorized clip, which was previewed Tuesday night in advance of next week's highly anticipated Madonna-themed episode. Although Madonna probably won't be watching, we will -- especially after viewing this incredible...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Get the Look: Whitney Port's Pretty Dinner Table
- The Wahlberg Family's Boston Marathon Photo Diary
- Get an Exclusive Look Into Niki Taylor's Home and Closet in a Sweet Video Series
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day