Posts with tag "jason mraz"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 06:10 AM by Kelly Fisher
It's splitsville for Jason Mraz and his fiancée.The 'I'm Yours' singer has confirmed he is no longer engaged to fellow singer-songwriter Tristan Prettyman. He revealed news of the split to The Daily Beast while at the Samsung Hope for Children gala Tuesday night. "My greatest mistake right now is, I've been clinging to my art," he said. "In that, I have victory for my art and a great ...
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 06:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
Jason Mraz may be engaged to fellow singer Tristan Prettyman, but don't expect the couple to walk down the aisle until gay marriage is legal. "We both feel that in our engagement, we have a union that's really special and can't be broken. It's a sacred bond," Mraz told Us Weekly. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community -- our moms especially -- and so it puts us in...
- Posted Dec 26th 2010 at 08:10 AM by Christine Fenno
He's the Grammy-winning geek in the pink, but now he's just plain geeked about his new fiancee. According to Us, singer-songwriter Jason Mraz, 33, just got engaged to fellow singer-songwriter Tristan Prettyman, 28. The "I'm Yours" crooner, beloved by fans for his wordplay, tweeted three simple words on Christmas Eve: "SHE SAID YES." Meanwhile, Prettyman also celebrated via Twitter on Dec. 24...
- Posted Nov 9th 2010 at 12:30 PM by Amber James
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- YouTube -
- Jonas Brothers -
- Jason Mraz
Did the Jonas Brothers steal Jason Mraz's tune? Well, it sure sounds like it. Even Mraz admits the 'Camp Rock 2' tune 'Introducing Me' sounds a lot like his 'I'm Yours,' but the Bros can rest easy because he's not planning to sue. He just wants his iTunes money back! "I heard the song, and it was just a tremendous, tremendous horror of a tune. I noticed a few similarities in the melody, but it...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 02:40 PM by Steve Baltin
A two-time Grammy winner this year, Jason Mraz had much bigger issues on his mind when he spoke with PopEater at the ceremony. "I'm in the fight for marriage equality," Mraz told PopEater. "That's why I'm wearing this pin tonight. I've just been doing a couple of different activities and events speaking out as a straight man about civil rights." Mraz is the latest musician to join the fight for...
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 06:00 PM by Steve Baltin
Grammy week is in full swing and on Thursday night, the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences presented 'Cue the Music,' a 90-minute concert celebrating the marriage of music and television. For the event, several past and present Grammy nominated artists, including Pat Monahan of Train, the Fray and the legendary Solomon Burke, brought songs associated with TV to life. Though there were...
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 11:57 AM by Nana-Adwoa Ofori
A "brain freeze" can happen to anyone and even celebrities are prone to it - accidentally dropping the ball in the middle of their most popular song with millions of viewers watching and critiquing. Even though musicians practice to perfect their performance, sometimes stuff happens. Even just missing one word during a concert can send an otherwise seasoned artist off the edge muttering to themsel...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 02:00 PM by Marc Schneider
Like breaking up, writing a hit song is hard to do. Most artists go a lifetime without one, but not Train, who've delivered a steady stream of chart hits since 'Meet Virginia' met your ears ten years ago. Perhaps you've heard 'Calling All Angels' or a lil' ditty titled 'Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)'? Yes, of course you have. After a 3-year hiatus to concentrate on solo projects, the West Coast rocke...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 09:09 AM by PopEater Staff
Jason Mraz hit the jackpot with his upbeat and fuzzy hit 'I'm Yours' -- which has spent a record 75 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. For those who don't pay attention to charts much, that's an absurdly long time, cementing Mraz's place in music history. The singer is celebrating his recent success with 'Beautiful Mess - Live on Earth,' featuring Mraz's full-length concert DVD (in stor...
- Posted Aug 31st 2009 at 03:42 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
- Filed under:
- Music News
Sorry, LeAnn Rimes, but Jason Mraz is the new king of the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. The oft-fedora-sporting singer-songwriter has broken a monumental record as his reggae-ish jam 'I'm Yours' has spent a staggering 71 weeks (that's almost 1.5 years, people) on the Billboard Hot 100 chart....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pal Jennifer Aniston Is 'Very Happy' for Sandra Bullock's New Romance
- Slain 9-Year-Old Jamyla Bolden's Classmates Receive Gifts to Help Them Grieve
- Why Chrissy Teigen Likes Walking Around in Towels (and More Things We Learned at Her XOXO Shoot)
- Alyssa Milano reflects on how her life has changed
- Loretta Lynn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Alabama receive ACM honors
- Snooki talks Jionni's Ashley Madison scandal
- Dancing With the Stars's Season 21 Full Cast Revealed: Find Out the Celebs and Their Pro Partners!
- MTV Cameras Caught the Cyrus Family's Stunned Reaction to Nicki Minaj Calling Out Miley Cyrus—Watch Now!
- Bristol Palin Shares a Picture of Her Baby Bump, Criticizes Barack Obama's Decision to Rename Mt. McKinley