Posts with tag "jay leno show"
- Posted Mar 9th 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater Staff
'American Idol' judge Simon Cowell squirmed in his seat on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on Monday when the host dissected reports of Cowell's engagement to 'Idol' makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy. "Are rumors you're engaged true?" Leno asked. Cowell responded, "Are they true? Well, I do have somebody in my life now, Jay, yes. And I kinda made a decision this year to make somebody happy." Later,...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 03:55 PM by PopEater Staff
With all eyes on Jay Leno, he sat down with Oprah Winfrey for his first interview since the blow-up over NBC's late-night lineup. While he admits having some regrets, Leno's deepest scars seem to stretch back to 2004 when NBC first announced Conan O'Brien would be taking over the show in 2009. "It broke my heart. It really did. I was devastated," Leno said. "This was the job that I had always...
- Posted Jan 18th 2010 at 11:15 PM by Mike Hess
Jay Leno has joked here and there about the drama with NBC and Conan O'Brien, but on Monday night, Leno used his show to directly address the situation and his seemingly tense relationship with O'Brien. "But through all of this - through all of this, Conan O'Brien has been a gentleman. He's a good guy. I have no animosity towards him. This is all business," Leno told his audience. Watch: ...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 07:05 AM by Rob Shuter
EXCLUSIVE: First Conan O'Brien says goodbye to NBC, and now Jay Leno might have one foot out the door as well. Oh, what a mess! Word is Jay is furious with the Peacock network for 'Tonight'-gate (trademark!) and may soon walk. More Jay details after the jump, plus Ryan's teary-eyed Simon emotions and why Brangelina won't be at the Globes after the jump!...
- Posted Jan 12th 2010 at 06:35 AM by PopEater Staff
Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien, who've both been unexpectedly moved from their time slots by NBC, took turns bashing the network on their shows last night. Leno, on at 10, went first. "But you know, we're not just a show anymore, we are now a collector's item," he jokes. "As you may already know, our show has been canceled, fired again. See that shows you NBC's got nothing, even when they fire...
- Posted Jan 10th 2010 at 02:30 PM by PopEater Staff
NBC's not-so-long national nightmare is over. The network confirmed Sunday they've asked Jay Leno, whose months-old show has sagged in the ratings, to move back to 11:35 p.m each night. NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin told reporters Sunday that the network envisions Leno to bring the funny for a half-hour program before handing off to Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' at...
- Posted Jan 9th 2010 at 10:50 AM by Marc Schneider
On Thursday, Jay Leno was the only one to lash out at NBC over reports it's considering canceling his new show and moving him back to late nights. But on Friday, the guy that would be most affected by such a move got in on the peacock bashing. "We've got a great show for you tonight. I have no idea what time it will air -- but it's going to be a great show," Conan O'Brien said in his Friday...
- Posted Jan 8th 2010 at 07:49 AM by Mike Hess
Jay Leno used his talk-show pulpit to skewer NBC on the day that various media reports emerged that his days in the 10 p.m. time slot may be done. Going straight for the throat, Leno taunted his network by saying "I hear Fox is beautiful this time of year" and joking that the trust between him and the Peacock network is gone. Watch the Video Below: ...
- Posted Jan 7th 2010 at 04:50 PM by PopEater Staff
Jay Leno will be back in his 11:30 p.m. 'Tonight Show' time slot very soon after his rocky venture into 10 p.m. territory, TMZ is reporting. Well that was quick ... and would make a lot of sense given our exclusive report from Rob Shuter a few weeks ago claiming NBC was looking to bounce Conan for Jerry Seinfeld. The switch hasn't been verified or denied by NBC at this time. ...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2009 at 08:05 AM by PopEater Staff
Pee-Wee Herman returned to the small screen on Tuesday's 'Jay Leno Show' to show off his "abstinence ring" and talk briefly about his upcoming stage show. "It's not easy" to stay pure, the real life Paul Reubens told Leno about the ring, a nod to the actor's 1991 arrest at an XXX theater. Pee-Wee said he was excited to go "back to his roots" for the stage show, adding that familiar characters...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll