Posts with tag "jay leno"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2011 at 02:34 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Tonight Show' vs. 'Daily Show' may be the latest battle in the late-night wars, as a surprise ratings report has NBC and Comedy Central clashing over who's on top. Is Jon Stewart, as the numbers suggest, now more popular than Jay Leno? For the first time, Stewart's 'The Daily Show' has bested Leno's 'Tonight Show' in a key segment of viewers. However, NBC execs, ever stubborn when it comes to...
- Posted May 31st 2011 at 10:00 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
In the world of comedy, there's nothing worse than stealing material. But late night TV host, Jay Leno, is under fire for doing just that. The Daily Caller reports that last week Jay Leno told a joke that was eerily similar to a joke told two days earlier by Andy Levy on 'Red Eye,' an overnight show on the Fox News channel. Here's a transcript of both: 'The Tonight Show' on May 26 Leno:...
- Posted Mar 6th 2011 at 12:00 PM by Pat Gallagher
In the land of 10-minute marriages, there have been some successful and long term unions along the way. It's relatively hard to live happily ever after in tinsel town, but a few have managed to beat the odds. Let's take a look at some happily married Hollywood marriages that have endured beyond the quarter-century mark. One of the rock-steadiest couples around is Jay Leno and his wife of 31...
- Posted Mar 1st 2011 at 04:45 AM by AOL TV Editors
Since Jay Leno isn't a big movie star he doesn't get those fancy gift bags the Oscars gives out. So Ross Matthews was dispatched to the Academy Awards with a bag to see what celebrities would be willing to donate to Jay. He came on 'The Tonight Show' to reveal what he'd received. He got a nice pair of shades from Jamie Foxx -- "I'm so not giving those to Jay!" -- as well as various other...
- Posted Jan 17th 2011 at 01:35 PM by Sarah Crow
Shock jock Howard Stern has some less-than-flattering things to say about somebody, and this time, it's not a guest on his show. The radio host is accusing late-night legend Jay Leno of ripping off his material. Stern appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN show and told the host, "Jay is insane. And Jay is a crook. And the world knows exactly what he's up to. He steals a tremendous amount of material,"...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 02:10 AM by AOL TV Editors
Asked by Larry King whether he has talked to Jay Leno recently, Conan O'Brien immediate replied, "No. ... There's nothing, really, for either of us to talk about." On 'Larry King Live,' Conan tried to emphasize that he was already over the whole 'Tonight Show' debacle. But it seemed like Conan was "over it" -- but was he over it in a "I don't want to think about it anymore" kind of way, or has...
- Posted Nov 25th 2010 at 01:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Howard Stern has long shouted from the mountaintop of his satellite radio show that Jay Leno has been stealing bits for 'The Tonight Show' for years. Stern specifically mentions how his longtime 'homeless game' was transformed into 'Jaywalking,' Leno's signature franchise. Now Stern isn't the one who finds his material in the middle of 'The Tonight Show' without clear credit. Last week, we...
- Posted Nov 18th 2010 at 11:59 PM by Elizabeth Townsend
No reporter covered the controversial Jay Leno-Conan O'Brien battle for 'The Tonight Show' more extensively than Bill Carter of The New York Times. This month, the veteran reporter and writer unveiled 'The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy,' which chronicles in unparalleled detail the behind-the-scenes story of one of the biggest -- and ugliest -- fiascos in late...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 08:10 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Late night funnyman Conan O'Brien is the featured interview in December's issue of Playboy--and in the Q&A, the red-haired comedian talks about his last few days at NBC, his Irish heritage and the chance of Jay Leno ever being a guest on his new TBS show, 'Conan.' "I wanted to end on an optimistic note. I thought it could end up being the most important moment of my television career. It...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 04:55 PM by Jett Wells
Even when you're a comic superstar like Jon Stewart, it takes something monumental for a cable guy to beat out network titans like David Letterman and Jay Leno. Well, people, that time has come. It took an interview with President Barack Obama and 215,000 people rallying in costume, but Stewart's 'The Daily Show' finally edged out Letterman and Leno's ratings by a nose for October, according to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Addresses Cheating Rumors During Las Vegas Show
- See How Stars Spent Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Family Wedding Album Appears in PEOPLE
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Melissa Rivers Remains Focused on Joan Rivers' Road to Recovery, Is "Keeping Everyone Together"
- Kim Kardashian Gives Kanye West a Book of Selfies as a Wedding Gift—See the KUWTK Season Finale Recap!