Posts with tag "jay-z"
- Posted Jun 20th 2011 at 04:27 PM by Katelyn Mullen
There was some major star power on the set of 'Men in Black III' yesterday. Will Smith has been spotted all over New York City, filming scenes with co-star, Tommy Lee Jones for the third installment of the series. He caused a ruckus over his extra large trailer and had many New Yorkers up in arms. That has since passed and things look to be back to normal, or at least as normal as can be when ...
- Posted May 27th 2011 at 09:35 PM by AOL Music Editors
Jay-Z may have a plethora of fans across the globe but he himself is a fan of one special lady: his wife, Beyonce. Earlier this week the Brooklyn rap star joined the former Destiny's Child frontwoman at the 'American Idol' Season 10 finale, where she debuted '1+1,' a ballad off her forthcoming solo album, '4.' Before B hit the stage to perform for viewers at home and those in the audience, she ...
- Posted May 23rd 2011 at 09:45 PM by Boombox Editors
Besides driving teenage girls crazy, Justin Bieber also has a few fans in the hip-hop world. The 17-year-old collaborated with Kanye West and Raekwon for the 'Runaway Love' remix and is hoping to raise the stakes for his next album. "I would love to work with Jay-Z," Bieber told the BoomBox. "Just a cool fun record." Coming off of an amazing couple of years that provided him hit records and ...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 09:45 PM by Boombox Editors
Big pimpin' has gotten Jay-Z into some trouble. Much like his pal Diddy did in New York City before him, Jigga man's name showed up on Washington D.C. police records -- dug up by the Associated Press -- for the use of unauthorized police escorts. Jay-Z, Bill Gates, Taylor Swift and Charlie Sheen are among the celebrities on the list, which mostly includes entertainers and sports teams. The ...
- Posted Apr 25th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Christo Varghese
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Music News -
- Beyonce Knowles -
- Jay-Z -
- Prince William -
- Kate Middleton -
- Celebrity Weddings
It has been reported that Prince William and Kate Middleton have asked Beyoncé and her husband rap legend Jay-Z to perform at their wedding reception. According to The Daily Star, a source close to the royal couple said, "Both William and Kate are massive fans of Beyoncé and Jay-Z. They really wanted to make their big day even more special and what better way than by getting pop royalty to ...
- Posted Mar 30th 2011 at 09:22 PM by Boombox Editors
Jay-Z's visit with the Kentucky Wildcats may land him in hot water with the NBA. According to reports, the locker room visit made by the rapper, who sat courtside at the game held in Newark, N.J., and spoke with the players following their victory over the North Carolina Tar Heels Sunday, was a violation of the rules. Because Jay is a minority owner of the New Jersey Nets, he is therefore ...
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
SXSW's longstanding nickname "Indie Rock Spring Break" certainly wasn't accurate during the final day of the Austin music festival as hip-hop took over the Texas town, culminating in Kanye West's not-so-secret show in the city's former power plant. After a day marked by stellar sets from Big Boi at the MOG showcase at the Mohawk; Killer Mike, Lil B and a surprise mini-set from Diddy and Odd ...
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 05:00 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Photos: Getty Images/WireImage Iconic rapper Jay-Z says he may be to blame for the delay of U2's long-promised studio album, 'Songs of Ascent.' Although the disc, which was first expected in 2010, could still be on target for release when the Irish rock giants' North American tour gets underway in May, time is running out to execute a proper publicity campaign. "One night I ran into ...
- Posted Mar 11th 2011 at 09:45 AM by Kelly Fisher
Some musicians might be intimidated to have Jay-Z as a boss in the recording studio, but not Willow Smith. The 'Whip My Hair' singer says the big-time rapper is helping her on her debut album. "Whenever I have a creative block, he's always like, 'Do what artists do when they have a block. Make a song about it,'" Smith told Kiss FM (via Digital Spy). She added that the 'Empire State of Mind' ...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2011 at 08:30 AM by Boombox Editors
When Rihanna performed at the NBA All-Star Game last month, it was apparent her typically stellar vocals were a bit on the weak side, as the singer was reportedly suffering from a bout with bronchitis. The singer hasn't really taken any down time to deal with her health problems by easing up on her appearances, which has caused longtime mentor and friend Jay-Z to take notice. According to Look ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing with the Stars: Final Four Compete for Mirror-Ball Trophy
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Returns Home from Treatment for Bipolar II Disorder
- Justin Bartha Engaged to Lia Smith
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74, publicist says
- David Beckham announces retirement, who will take his place as sexiest athlete?
- When clothes don't cooperate
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Dancing With the Stars': Season 16 finals are live!
- Ten reasons why ?Buffy the Vampire Slayer' kicks ass