Posts with tag "jay-z"
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 11:25 PM by Jason Newman
Depending on who you ask, 'Watch the Throne,' the collaborative album between Jay-Z and Kanye West, will be released either this week or March 1. Def Jam, West's record label, is mum for now, but regardless of the release date, the album will continue the 10-year musical relationship between the two artists. Beginning with 2000's 'This Can't Be Life' off Jay-Z's 'The Dynasty: Roc La Familia,'...
- Posted Jan 4th 2011 at 01:00 AM by Boombox Editors
Jay-Z and Kanye West are set to release their highly anticipated joint album, 'Watch the Throne,' within a week. West made the grand announcement while celebrating New Year's Eve in Las Vegas. While performing his hit 'Runaway' and 'Monster' with Jay-Z, West took the opportunity to share with the audience at Marquee that the collaborative project would be coming sooner than expected. "We got...
- Posted Dec 9th 2010 at 10:15 AM by John Mitchell
Beyonce Knowles showed just how much she loves her husband Jay-Z by reportedly presenting him with a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport, on his birthday. The rap mogul turned 41 on Dec. 4 and to celebrate, The Sun reports his better half bought him one of the world's fastest and most expensive production cars ever built. The Veyron Grand Sport is powered by a 16.4-liter engine that produces 1,000...
- Posted Nov 24th 2010 at 08:15 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
No, Beyoncé isn't pregnant--yet. But her mother, Tina Knowles is starting to get a little antsy for another grandchild! "Of course I am [ready for her to have a baby]," she told PEOPLE at an event in New York this week. "What grandmother isn't? I can't wait." She goes on to say that her daughter and son-in-law definitely have what it takes to be "great parents." "They're good people...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2010 at 05:45 AM by PopEater Staff
Jay-Z admits he shot his older brother Eric when he was 12 years old, while he grew up in a Brooklyn housing project ravaged by violence. The rap superstar and business mogul spoke about the incident for the first time in The Guardian's weekend magazine, admitting he opened fire on his brother after he stole a ring from Hova to feed his drug habit. "I thought my life was over," he said. "I...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 06:44 AM by PopEater Staff
Jay-Z isn't taking MC Hammer's dis video 'Better Run Run' too seriously. The 'U Can't Touch This' rapper slams Jay-Z in the recent video, accusing him of being an impostor who swiped his "swagger." The video was in response to Jay-Z's verse in a new Kanye West song, 'So Appalled,' where he referred to Hammer's notorious money troubles during the '90s. But Jay-Z sounded incredulous in a British...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2010 at 10:41 AM by PopEater Staff
First he conquered the world of hip-hop, then he became a world-renowned entrepreneur, married Beyonce, and now ... Jay-Z is getting an itch for politics. According to BBC Newsbeat, Jay-Z wants to fix the country not through his music, but with his political vision. "Give me a chance," Jay-Z said. "Maybe in eight years, I'll be the president." A staunch supporter of President Barack Obama,...
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 09:30 PM by PopEater Staff
UPDATE: In an interview airing tomorrow, Beyonce's mother Tina Knowles tells talk show host Ellen Degeneres that the pregnancy rumors are "not true," TMZ is reporting. PREVIOUSLY: Here we go again. Another round of rumors claiming Beyonce is pregnant with her first child are circulating online. Us Weekly's source claims the pregnancy came as a total surprise to B and her husband, rapper-mogul...
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 07:00 PM by PopEater Staff
After winning several Grammy awards for their collaborations, Rihanna and Jay-Z are making their partnership even more official--Rihanna will now be managed by Jay-Z's Roc Nation Management, the Associated Press reports. She was previously managed by Marc Jordan. In a statement released to the Associated Press on Wednesday, the singer said she's "so excited to take this next step in my career."...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 11:40 AM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce sure knows how to liven up a block party. That was the case this month when she traveled to West Orange, NJ to visit husband Jay-Z's mother, as pointed out by our pals at Hello Beautiful. Beyonce spotted the party on the same street as her mother-in-law and immediately joined in, leading the group gathered in 'The Wobble' dance (think the Electric Slide but much cooler). The Wobble...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amy Robach on Cancer Fight: 'I'm in the Thick of It'
- Teen Son Charged in Mansion Murders of Capistrano Couple
- Woman Who Drove Children into Ocean Charged with Attempted Murder
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Kim Kardashian Reaches 20 Million Followers on Twitter, Uses Kanye West Rap Lyric to Express Her Excitement (Obvs!)
- Ricky Gervais (Fake) Cries After Being Named E!'s Hottie of the Week—Watch the Hilarious Clip!
- Basketball Diaries Director Scott Kalvert Dead at 49, Considered Possible Suicide