Posts with tag "jerseyshore"
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 07:25 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The New Jersey beach town that's home to MTV's 'Jersey Shore' is trying to distance itself from the controversy surrounding the reality show. In a statement Monday, the Borough of Seaside Heights says it "did not solicit, promote or participate in the filming" of the show. It did issue a permit allowing the production company to film, but says those permits are issued routinely. And this isn't the...
- Posted Dec 26th 2009 at 09:30 AM by Bruce Haring
It's the most wonderful time of the year, television reminds us, and as many say, the holidays are all about the kids -- a time when families gather in the spirit of the season to renew ties, exchange gifts and reminisce about the good ol' days. At least in most cases. In some families, the gathering is a reminder that the children's growing-up years were filled with TV cameras capturing their...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 08:17 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
MTV is getting more pressure to cancel its 'Jersey Shore' reality show. The latest criticism comes from the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus, which says the show promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2009 at 04:47 PM by Kara Warner
George Lopez has been a hard-working and prominent fixture in the comedic world for quite a while now, but 2009 seems to have been his busiest year yet. In addition to a Grammy-nominated performance for the HBO special 'Tall, Dark & Chicano,' (which is available on DVD, just in time for the holidays) Lopez launched a successful late night talk show on TBS. PopEater got a chance to chat with...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 09:36 AM by PopEater Staff
'Jersey Shore' cast members Snooki, Mike 'The Situation' and Pauly D appear on 'The Jay Leno Show' for a Jaywalking segment. Leno quizzed the reality TV stars on general knowledge, providing for a few laughs. Pauly D didn't know who Pucini was, but answered correctly when asked about Pauly Walnuts from 'The Sopranos.' The highlight of the game was when Jay showed a photo of Libyan leader Colonel...
- Posted Dec 15th 2009 at 07:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The ladies of PopEater don't always agree on the recently revealed Golden Globes nominations or the value of 'Jersey Shore,' but they can agree on a few things for sure: Chris Brown should stop tweeting forever, and the Girls on Pop will always be on Team Snooki. Want Girls To-Go? Grab Them on iTunes >>> ...
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 10:36 PM by Sam Brand
Even if you haven't watched a second of MTV's hot and sweaty new reality show 'Jersey Shore,' you've probably heard about the "Snooki Punch." It might just be the finest right hook captured by MTV's cameras since Spencer knocked that Cameron kid out on 'The Hills' earlier this year. But if you haven't seen the sucker-punch yet, you might not get your chance. On Friday, MTV pulled the footage from...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 02:28 PM by PopEater Staff
'Jersey Shore' is causing some trouble for the network that originally defined reality television with 'The Real World' in 1992. MTV has tweaked its groundbreaking formula for a new generation of reality fans - and some people are unhappy with the results. Really unhappy. FOXNews reports that MTV has received irate emails, phone calls and death threats over the 'Jersey Shore' premiere. The show...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 09:23 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "Jersey Shore," "Mikey Teutul Rehab," "Tiger Woods Text Messages," and "Andrew Conley" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 03:35 PM by PopEater Staff
With muscle-shirts, fist-pumping and drunken spray-tanned buffoonery aplenty, MTV's 'Jersey Shore' reality show has one Italian-American group up in arms over the way the show is being promoted. Calling the show "trash television," the group UNICO is taking offense to MTV's tout of the show featuring the "hottest, tannest, craziest Guidos" and wants the show canceled. Watch the gel-tastic trailer...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Love Blooms, and Fades, in PEOPLE's Most Provocative Stories of the Week
- Miley Cyrus Wears Duck-Face Oxygen Mask, Postpones U.S. Bangerz Tour
- Teen Suspended for Asking Miss America to Prom During School Talk
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- Khloé Kardashian and French Montana Grab Late-Night Pizza in New York City
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Enjoy Rugby Match, Prince George Gets Another Marriage Proposal
- Kate Middleton Sits in Fighter Jet at Air Force Base, Receives Boomerang Gift for Prince George