Posts with tag "jk rowling"
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 04:30 PM by Sarah Crow
J.K. Rowling may have dreamed up boy-wizard Harry Potter, but the author didn't need any magic to get her plagiarism case thrown out. U.S. judge Shira Scheindlin has dismissed claims that the author copied another writer in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,' the fourth book in her popular series. Reuters reports that the estate of deceased author Adrian Jacobs previously asserted that...
- Posted Oct 2nd 2010 at 10:44 AM by Christine Fenno
Oprah Winfrey cast quite a spell over 'Harry Potter' author J.K. Rowling, luring the reclusive novelist onto her show for an interview that aired Friday. And if you thought Rowling would confirm Harry's retirement, well, the British writer had other tricks up her sleeve. "I could definitely write an eighth, a ninth book," Rowling said, tantalizing fans of the beloved wizard series. "I think I...
- Posted Feb 18th 2010 at 08:30 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Movie News
J.K. Rowling finds herself in the middle of a plagiarism lawsuit, EOnline.com reports. The 'Harry Potter' author has been added to the 2004 suit against her British publisher Bloomsbury, which claims Rowling stole the idea for the fourth book in the series -- 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' -- from a 1987 children's novel, 'The Adventures of Willy the Wizard: No. 1 Livid Land,' by Adrian...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Surprise - Lake Bell Is Pregnant!
- Amy Purdy Shows Off Her Specially Designed 'New Feet' for Dancing with the Stars
- It's a Boy for Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- Joan Rivers under fire for joke about kidnapped Cleveland women
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- ?Arrow' recap: Mama knows best
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs