Posts with tag "jk rowling"
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 04:30 PM by Sarah Crow
J.K. Rowling may have dreamed up boy-wizard Harry Potter, but the author didn't need any magic to get her plagiarism case thrown out. U.S. judge Shira Scheindlin has dismissed claims that the author copied another writer in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,' the fourth book in her popular series. Reuters reports that the estate of deceased author Adrian Jacobs previously asserted that...
- Posted Oct 2nd 2010 at 10:44 AM by Christine Fenno
Oprah Winfrey cast quite a spell over 'Harry Potter' author J.K. Rowling, luring the reclusive novelist onto her show for an interview that aired Friday. And if you thought Rowling would confirm Harry's retirement, well, the British writer had other tricks up her sleeve. "I could definitely write an eighth, a ninth book," Rowling said, tantalizing fans of the beloved wizard series. "I think I...
- Posted Feb 18th 2010 at 08:30 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Movie News
J.K. Rowling finds herself in the middle of a plagiarism lawsuit, EOnline.com reports. The 'Harry Potter' author has been added to the 2004 suit against her British publisher Bloomsbury, which claims Rowling stole the idea for the fourth book in the series -- 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' -- from a 1987 children's novel, 'The Adventures of Willy the Wizard: No. 1 Livid Land,' by Adrian...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Madonna's Son Is Ready to Star on Mama's Tour! Singer Posts Video of David Showing Off Impressive Dance Moves
- iPhone 6 Line? Nope, Just Former Ray Rice Fans Waiting to Exchange Their Jerseys
- Howard Stern Show's Benjy Bronk Crashes Roger Goodell Press Conference, Begs Not to Be Thrown in an Elevator: Watch Now!