Posts with tag "joaquin phoenix"
- Posted Apr 16th 2011 at 10:28 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
What would it take for Joaquin Phoenix to come out of retirement? Despite speculation earlier this year that Phoenix would resume his once-hot acting career with a film adaptation of 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' (the 2010 novel by Seth Grahame-Smith), the actor is now being linked to a much more controversial project. And if there's one thing Phoenix seems to relish, it's controversy! ...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 12:17 PM by Sarah Crow
Joaquin Phoenix may claim his crazy-person act was all part of a larger plan to promote 'I'm Still Here,' but it seems as though the actor's appetite for wild roles hasn't been appeased. The Golden Globe winner is being eyed to play Abraham Lincoln's vampire-slaying instructor in the big-screen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith's 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.' Deadline reports that the...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 09:45 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Movie News
It's been over a year since Joaquin Phoenix appeared on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' sporting an unkempt beard and sunglasses and mumbling his way through an awkward, often-uncomfortable interview with the late-night host. And on Wednesday, a clean-shaven Phoenix returned to the show and apologized. It turns out it was all an act--he was playing a character for his friend Casey...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 11:34 AM by PopEater Staff
Joaquin Phoenix wasn't the only person to dupe 'Late Show' viewers during his infamous appearance last year. No, it now appears David Letterman was in on the ruse the entire time. The Hollywood Reporter dug up an interview from last year with one of Letterman's writers, Bill Scheft, claiming Letterman was in on the bearded Phoenix joke all along, and faked the famous interview on live...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 12:59 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: When Casey Affleck announced Joaquin Phoenix's career transformation was fake, it was like when Adam Lambert finally came out of the closet to Rolling Stone. No duh. It was like the the longest bad joke in history, and no one even seemed to care anymore, until Casey Affleck's trailer for 'I'm Still Here' was released a few weeks ago. Now, after it's opening weekend and all the bizarre...
- Posted Sep 16th 2010 at 07:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Casey Affleck's much-hyped new documentary, 'I'm Still Here,' which follows a drugged-out, self-imploding Joaquin Phoenix as he tries to break into hip-hop, isn't real, Affleck admitted in a Thursday New York Times article. "I never intended to trick anybody," Affleck, who's married to Phoenix's sister Summer, told the magazine. "The idea of a quote, hoax, unquote, never entered my mind." But,...
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 01:23 PM by PopEater Staff
The last time Joaquin Phoenix appeared on the 'Late Show with David Letterman,' the interview was testy and awkward, and helped add yet another wrinkle to Phoenix's bizarre transformation from respected actor to amateur rapper. But things are bound to get a whole lot weirder come next week. To the delight of late-night viewers everywhere, Phoenix will be back for part deux on September 22,...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 07:16 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
A buzz preceded actor Casey Affleck's directorial debut, 'I'm Still Here': Was the movie about brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's seemingly downward spiral from actor to hip-hop musician really a no-holds-barred documentary -- or was it just a set up? On Monday in Venice, where his film was screened out of competition at the Film Festival, Affleck said he's leaving the answer up to the...
- Posted Aug 17th 2010 at 06:23 AM by PopEater Staff
The trailer for 'I'm Still Here' has arrived. Starring Joaquin Phoenix as an aspiring rapper named Joaquin Phoenix, the documentary (?) has been in the works for over a year, ever since the 'Walk the Line' actor emerged into the spotlight with a gnarly beard and equally unruly hair to make bizarre public appearances, including a now-infamous sit-down with David Letterman. All the while, Phoenix...
- Posted Jul 30th 2010 at 09:36 PM by PopEater Staff
Things are not looking up for Casey Affleck. A second woman who worked with Affleck on his Joaquin Phoenix documentary is claiming sexual harassment, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Cinematographer Magdalena Gorka alleges that while filming the documentary, Affleck climbed into bed with her and groped her while she was sleeping. She is suing for $2.25 million. Amanda White, a producer on the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Can You Guess the Best Series Emmy Nominations?
- Funny Video: Dog Hates the Alarm Clock as Much as You Do
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Three Years of Dating: Reports
- Chris Brown Appreciates Karrueche Tran for "Putting Up With My S--t," Talks Babies (Wait, What?!)
- Remember When Beyoncé and Jay Z Went to Cuba? Well, It Was Completely Legal So You Can Stop Worrying About It Now