Posts with tag "jodie foster"
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 11:53 PM by Brittany Weiss
Jodie Foster is definitely not shying away from the complicated publicity her new film, 'The Beaver,' is attracting. In fact, she's smiling at the criticism -- good and bad. "It's not like anything you've ever seen. It has a very wry, interesting tone. And if you can embrace that, you can embrace the title, too," Foster told PopEater. It's a little ironic to see Mel Gibson playing the...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Jo Piazza
Jodie Foster doesn't typically wear her heart on her sleeve, but when The Hollywood Reporter interviewed her about her 'Beaver' co-star Mel Gibson, Foster teared up and unleashed a Gibson love-fest the reporter was not expecting. "God, I love that man," Foster said about Mel. "The performance he gave in this movie, I will always be grateful for. He brought a lifetime of pain to the character...
- Posted Jan 29th 2011 at 02:32 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
It has to be said: Everything about 'The Beaver' is weird...and getting weirder! Mel Gibson's final cut of his new comedy 'The Beaver,' loaned to the actor by Summit Entertainment for a private screening at his Malibu home, has been reported stolen. And someone allegedly swiped the DVD right out of Gibson's mailbox. A lieutenant with the sheriff's department in Malibu/Lost Hills tells the...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 10:50 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
'The Beaver,' in which Mel Gibson plays a depressed dad and toy executive who attempts to break out of his lethargy by communicating with the world via a beaver puppet, may seem like an odd comeback vehicle for the actor. On the other hand, given the amount of buzz that the movie -- directed by and co-starring Jodie Foster -- has been generating, it could be exactly what Gibson needs to...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Jett Wells
Although Mel Gibson got booted from 'The Hangover 2,' he still has another chance at a comeback with Jodie Foster's 'The Beaver.' After struggling to get distribution, Gibson's first movie release since his summer meltdown is finally picking up steam, and ComingSoon.net saw the first poster at the American Film Market in Santa Monica, Calif. Foster talked up Gibson's performance in an interview...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 11:03 AM by Zach Dionne
The family of the 17-year-old boy who was allegedly attacked by Jodie Foster in May will file a civil lawsuit against the actress. "We have retained an attorney to proceed with a civil suit against Jodie Foster for her assault since justice was not served by the DA's office," the teenager's father tells RadarOnline.com. Radar previously revealed photos of the teen's bruised arm, reportedly...
- Posted Oct 8th 2010 at 11:51 AM by Zach Dionne
Photos of a bruised teenager who accused Jodie Foster of attacking him in May have been revealed at RadarOnline.com. The pictures -- which clearly depict a bruised and fingernail-clawed arm -- were submitted to Los Angeles police, but the assault charges were eventually dropped due to a lack of evidence. The 17-year-old boy, withholding his last name and going by Tony Jr., accused Foster of...
- Posted Sep 21st 2010 at 12:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Ever since his rage-filled phone calls with his ex-girlfriend were released, Mel Gibson's life has been a struggle to say the least, but at least he still has Jodie Foster by his side. "The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them...
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 09:45 PM by PopEater Staff
The case against Jodie Foster for allegedly assaulting a 17-year-old boy has officially been dropped, RadarOnline.com reports. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has "declined to prosecute" the actress due to lack of evidence. The teenage boy accused Foster of battery after an incident in the parking lot of a Los Angeles-area shopping mall earlier this year. At the time, the actress's rep...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Middle School Band Teacher Bridgett Szychulski Charged with Having Sex with Student
- Melissa Rivers Breaks Silence for the First Time Since Funeral
- America's Next Top Model Finalist Analeigh Tipton Talks Her New Sitcom
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- America's Got Talent Finally Crowned a [Spoiler] – Find Out Who Won Season 9!
- Meghan Trainor Performs Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" and It's Pretty Awesome—Watch Now!
- These New Star Wars: Episode VII Photos Could Reveal Adam Driver's Actual Role—Take a Look!