Posts with tag "joe jackson"
- Posted Jun 25th 2010 at 08:30 PM by PopEater Staff
On the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death, his father, Joe Jackson, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray, E!Online is reporting. Jackson filed the lawsuit in federal court; Murray isn't a California resident, so Jackson couldn't file with the state. The lawsuit was filed at the federal court in downtown Los Angeles on Friday afternoon. Murray has also been...
- Posted Jun 25th 2010 at 03:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Joe Jackson will not be attending Michael Jackson's fan tribute on Saturday because he has prior commitments in Ohio. Jackson tells PopEater he will be in the Buckeye State for the next few days doing TV and news interviews as well as visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He says he will be "celebrating Michael." "I miss him," Joe says. He won't be attending the gravesite memorial either,...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 02:27 PM by PopEater Staff
Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Jackson family compound. Joe Jackson is walking back comments he made to a British tabloid on Sunday that seemed to accuse his wife, Katherine, of not doing enough to prevent their son Michael's death. "Katherine did not kill my son," he told PopEater on Monday. "She isn't at fault." This change of rhetoric follows a News of the World article where the...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 06:40 AM by PopEater Staff
In an interview with News of the World, Joe Jackson blames his estranged wife Katherine for the death of their son, Michael Jackson. Joe explained that he told Katherine that Michael was "looking kinda funny and frail" and wanted her to help him, but she refused. "She didn't want to do that because she was afraid she was invading his privacy," he claims. He added that, after the King of...
- Posted Apr 21st 2010 at 04:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Exclusive: For decades, Michael Jackson's life resembled something of a circus. Now, his music will be the thrust of a new high-wire live experience being developed by Cirque du Soleil. The irony, we learned, is not lost on the singer's father. "That's something else, isn't it?" Joe Jackson told PopEater when asked how he felt about his son inspiring a real-life circus. He added, "I won't see...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Dr. Conrad Murray and his legal team reportedly have a new line of defense: It was Michael Jackson, not his doctor, who pushed the lethal amount of Propofol into his body the day the singer died. When Murray enters court on Monday for a hearing, he'll be met with the late singer's family, and they won't be smiling. "That's not true," family patriarch Joe Jackson told PopEater of the suicide...
- Posted Nov 26th 2009 at 10:00 AM by Bruce Haring
It's everyone's dream: Make massive money, get mass recognition and it all comes with no heavy mass to lift. It's called an easy gig, and there are plenty of them in show business. With Thanksgiving filling the bellies of Americans across the country, let's spotlight a few celebrities who should say a special prayer of Thanksgiving this weekend, for they have been blessed with lucrative tasks...
- Posted Nov 10th 2009 at 11:30 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Michael Jackson's father has plenty of accusations against the overseers of his late son's will. Joe Jackson filed a 60-page motion to get money from his son's estate by making fraud accusation against John Branca and John McClain. He believes the men have a conflict of interest and shouldn't be in charge of the case. But a judge on Tuesday dismissed Jackson's bid to challenge the...
- Posted Nov 10th 2009 at 03:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Michael Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, has requested a financial allowance from his son's estate according to the BBC. "Mr Jackson's petition will be considered as are all requests for money from Michael's estate," said Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the administrators of the late singer's estate. He added that it was "quite surprising to learn of the request"....
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 06:51 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why 'Stephanie Seymour,' 'Berns Triplets,' and 'Precious Movie' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight......
Popeater Hot Topics
- Movie Review: Ben Affleck's Gone Girl Lives Up to the Buzz, and Then Some
- Robin Williams's Daughter Returns to Twitter to Thank Fans 'Who've Lost Loved Ones'
- Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn to Star in True Detective Season 2
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn to star in season 2 of HBO's 'True Detective' series
- Netflix has a website for people who love spoilers
- Robin Williams' Mork spacesuit is going up for auction
- Ana Gasteyer apologizes to (and cooks with) Martha Stewart
- Lindsay Price Shares First Pic of Son Emerson, Says Baby Boy Is "Definitely a Boob Man"
- Wardrobe Malfunction? Lady Gaga Flashes Pasties in See-Through Curtain—See the Crazy Look!
- Miranda Lambert Flaunts Bikini Body During Hawaii Tour Stop—See How Fabulous She Looks!