Posts with tag "john mayer"
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Pop-Ed: I, like millions of women, men, music-lovers and teenage girls around the world, love John Mayer. My 13-year-old self rejoices every time I see a paparazzi snapshot of that lanky 6'3" frame, the perfectly disheveled bedhead and those sultry bedroom eyes. Naturally I swoon when his sexy voice and magnificent guitar riffs come up on my iPod. He puts on such heartfelt, intimate...
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 08:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Singer-songwriter -- and frequent Twitter user -- John Mayer has decided to quit Twitter, the Associated Press reports. The musician had more than 3.7 million followers when he signed off for the last time. The departure comes three days after Mayer tweeted, "Self Portrait of The Artist Three Days Before His Metaphoric Retirement," along with a black and white photo of himself. When asked...
- Posted Sep 12th 2010 at 08:39 AM by PopEater Staff
Last month, John Mayer complained to fans online about internet speculation that he and 'The Switch' star Jennifer Aniston were back together (yet he never outright denied it). Meanwhile, witnesses continue to spot the former couple hanging out. This weekend, RadarOnline reports that when Mayer gave a concert Wednesday near Atlanta, where Aniston is shooting the Judd Apatow film 'Wanderlust,' the...
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 06:24 AM by PopEater Staff
The third time is certainly not a charm for John Mayer and Jennifer Aniston. Speculation that the couple has reunited was quashed by the musician himself on his Tumblr account, where he wrote a scathing criticism of the Huffington Post for claiming the pair were back together. "Ahh, Huffington Post, the internet Death Star. The world's first spectator banking website. Come watch a site's...
- Posted Aug 8th 2010 at 04:00 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Jessica Simpson is funny, down to earth and unarguably resilient. Whether she's laughing in the face of a fat joke or promoting her not-so-successful reality show, the girl always seems to bounce back. But there's no denying J-Simp's been unlucky in love. The self-professed hopeless romantic notoriously remained a virgin until her marriage to Nick Lachey back in 2002. Most of us thought she'd...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 11:19 AM by Ashley Iasimone
John Mayer brought his pop-rock tunes to the 'Today' show on Friday. The singer and guitarist performed in front of a crowd of fans in Rockefeller Plaza, starting his set with the 2006 single 'Waiting on the World to Change.' Since his most recent album, 'Battle Studies,' was released last year, Mayer told host Matt Lauer that his current music is "as much of a difference [as] I think I am as...
- Posted Jun 18th 2010 at 06:32 AM by PopEater Staff
Although she wasn't inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, Taylor Swift was presented with the Hal David Starlight Award, which honors up-and-coming songwriters, The Associated Press reports. Swift's friend, John Mayer, gave the award to the 'You Belong to Me' singer. "She's no accident," he said. "You could put her in a time machine in any era and she would have a hit record." Mayer...
- Posted Jun 2nd 2010 at 12:45 AM by PopEater Staff
John Mayer has canceled the final week of his European concert tour due to illness, according to a statement posted on his website earlier today. Though Mayer was able to play a show earlier this week in Copenhagen, he had to cancel his second show in the city. The statement on his website reads, "After a sold-out performance in Copenhagen, John Mayer was forced to cancel his second show...
- Posted Apr 23rd 2010 at 05:20 PM by Melinda Newman
John Mayer may have another breakup coming soon. This time, however, it's not with some starlet or supermodel; it's with Twitter. "Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he declared during Thursday's keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo, a three-day conference at Los Angeles' Renaissance Hollywood Hotel held by the performing rights organization for...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 09:59 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
The New York Post is reporting that Cameron Diaz and MLB slugger Alex Rodriguez are becoming quite close. The 'Charlie's Angels' actress has reportedly embarked on a low-key romance with the baseball star after they met at a Creative Artists Agency Super Bowl party in February. A source told Life and Style magazine: "A-Rod is with Cameron. They've been keeping it quiet, but they're totally...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Soules Is 'Ready to Move On,' But Is He the Next Bachelor?
- Did Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Accept a Proposal?
- Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas Stagliano: How I Survived Traveling with Baby
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!
- Eva Green's Controversial Sin City Outfit is Now Too Sexy For ABC