Posts with tag "john lennon"
- Posted Jan 21st 2011 at 08:24 PM by Rebecca Macatee
For the first time ever, Beatles' legend John Lennon's personal letters will be made public. The collection of letters will be published in October 2012, according to the Guardian. The rights to Lennon's personal musings were purchased by London-based Orion books. There are about 150 letters in total that the iconic musician wrote over the years to friends, fans and business associates. It was...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 10:25 PM by Jett Wells
Thirty years ago, one of the most influential songwriters of all-time, John Lennon, was struck down. The world is vastly different today, but the love and adoration for the former Beatle is still very much alive. Dozens gathered near the Dakota Hotel and the Strawberry fields in Central Park where fans from all over flocked to sing and praise Lennon as the musician and the courageous leader for...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 10:15 AM by Marc Schneider
John Lennon's tragic death on Dec. 8, 1980, was the definitive stop-the-presses moment in rock history, overshadowing Elvis Presley's not-all-that-surprising demise three years earlier and, going back further, the plane crash that snuffed out the promising careers of Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens. Thirty years ago, there was no Twitter or MSNBC or Fox News (or Fox for that matter), so news...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 07:10 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Three days before he was gunned down, John Lennon complained about his critics -- saying they were just interested in "dead heroes" -- and talked optimistically about his family and future, musing that he had "plenty of time" to accomplish some of his life goals. Lennon's final interview was released to The Associated Press by Rolling Stone on Wednesday, the 30th anniversary of the musician's...
- Posted Oct 9th 2010 at 01:38 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
They say it's his birthday, to paraphrase an old pop song. It's not easy to fathom, but John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool, England, on Oct. 9, 1940, would be 70 years old today. To celebrate the milestone, a new monument was unveiled in Liverpool today to honor the singer-songwriter. "We come here with our hearts to honor Dad and to pray for peace and say 'thank you' to each and...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 03:45 PM by Sam Brand
Stalkers are back in the news -- well, not that they ever really left. Erin Andrews has (again) found herself the victim of a misguided fan's advances, while Ivanka Trump has made a new all too friendly acquaintance and Jennifer Garner just sent a creeper to the slammer. Celebrity stalkers have been around since movie stars first hit it big in the '20s, and they've popped up regularly in...
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 11:57 AM by Nana-Adwoa Ofori
A "brain freeze" can happen to anyone and even celebrities are prone to it - accidentally dropping the ball in the middle of their most popular song with millions of viewers watching and critiquing. Even though musicians practice to perfect their performance, sometimes stuff happens. Even just missing one word during a concert can send an otherwise seasoned artist off the edge muttering to...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 10:39 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "John Daly Weight Loss" "Bryant Gumbel Cancer," "Tiger Woods Ambulence," and "John Lennon" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 01:02 PM by Shelley White
It's clear that clever CGI techs can make anybody do pretty much anything on film. Though that could be seen as a good thing -- the ultimate hot-guy flick starring James Dean, a young Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp perhaps? -- it has also ended up producing some of the most crass advertisements in recent memory. The ethics are murky. It seems okay to reproduce a famous dead person for artistic...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 04:10 PM by Michael D. Ayers
It's no secret that everyone loves the music in 'Glee' -- and 'Glee, The Music, Volume 1' has been quite a popular fall release. And how could it not be? It runs the gamut from the Supremes' 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' and Young MC's eternal club hit 'Bust a Move' to REO Speedwagon's 'Can't Fight This Feeling.' But what's made the soundtrack even more successful -- besides the way that the music...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mary-Kate Olsen's Vintage Engagement Ring: What It Cost, Where It's From and More
- Djuan Trent, a Former Miss Kentucky, Comes Out as 'Queer'
- Shakira: Why I'm So Open About My Personal Life
- Miley Cyrus blasts Katy Perry over kiss diss
- Isaiah Washington returning to ?Grey's Anatomy' seven years after controversial departure
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Miley Cyrus calls out Katy Perry on Twitter over concert kissing controversy
- Juan Pablo Galavis Defends R-Word Joke, Tells People to "Open Your Mind" and "Learn Culture"
- Charlize Theron & Sean Penn's Dinner With Friends and Other Star Sightings
- Lindsay Lohan Gets Water Thrown in Her Face, Soaks Jimmy Fallon and Talks About Her Docu-Series—Watch Now!