Posts with tag "jon stewart"
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 12:40 PM by John Mitchell
Wednesday night, Larry King expected (and tried his best) to talk to Jon Stewart about his upcoming "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear," but the ballsy star had other plans and spent much of his time criticizing CNN and the net's choice to replace King with Piers Morgan, who is, according to Stewart, "a British guy no one's heard of." Stewart did reveal that his rally with Comedy Central coho...
- Posted Oct 15th 2010 at 10:08 AM by John Mitchell
Oprah Winfrey is famous for giving her audience lavish gifts and free trips to destinations all around the world, but last night it was the audience of Jon Stewart's 'The Daily Show' that got a little love from the Queen of Talk. After a playful exchange between Stewart and his Comedy Central colleague Steven Colbert about combining their planned Washington, D.C., rallies, Oprah arrived via sat...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 06:41 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are taking on causes more serious than a mock feud when they lead dueling political rallies on the National Mall later this month. Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," announced Monday on NPR that he will ask attendees at his Oct. 30 "Rally to Restore Sanity" to help restore the National Mall. The park and its memorials have a $400 million backlog ...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 04:05 PM by Maggie Coughlan
Looks like Jon Stewart isn't the only one making jokes at the expense of disgraced CNN anchor Rick Sanchez. "It's a great loss to news ... and to America," laughed 'The Daily Show' correspondent, John Oliver on the red carpet of Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars.' Sanchez was fired last week from his position at CNN after a six-year career at the network, a result of inflammatory rem...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2010 at 08:24 AM by Christine Fenno
Jon Stewart stayed mum during the recent commotion over at CNN, where Rick Sanchez was fired this week (after a six-year career at the network) because of inflammatory -- now infamous -- remarks he made on a satellite radio program about Stewart's ethnicity and upbringing. However, at a fundraiser in New York City last night, the stand-up comic in Stewart couldn't resist making a few cracks abo...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 11:30 PM by Jane Levere
In a conversation with NPR's Terry Gross this week, Jon Stewart took the high road in his comments on Glenn Beck, who has warned Stewart and his "rival" Stephen Colbert that if they go ahead with their planned rallies in Washington October 30, they will '"go the way of Oprah." "People have said it's a rally to counter Glenn Beck. It's not," Stewart said of his 'Rally to Restore Sanity', calling...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 09:50 PM by PopEater Staff
CNN's Rick Sanchez was fired Friday after telling an interviewer that 'The Daily Show' host Jon Stewart is a bigot and that "everybody that runs CNN is a lot like Stewart," The New York Times reports. Sanchez, a daytime anchor on the network, was making an appearance on comedian Pete Dominick's satellite radio show Thursday when he made the disparaging comments. After calling Stewart a bigot, S...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 10:47 AM by PopEater Staff
While interviewing Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it....
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 10:20 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Oprah Winfrey
Glenn Beck isn't mincing his words towards Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, warning them that if they continue with their planned rallies in Washington, D.C., they will "go the way of Oprah." "I don't know how this shakes out, and I don't claim to be the one who is left standing in the end. Here's what I do claim. I believe that those who play these games at this point, who are not honest, wh...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2010 at 07:40 AM by PopEater Staff
Jon Stewart made his much-anticipated return to 'The O'Reilly Factor' on Wednesday and went head to head with Bill O'Reilly, who dug into Stewart's opinions on President Barack Obama. "Do you, Jon Stewart, have Obama remorse?" O'Reilly wondered. Stewart reiterated the seemingly anti-Obama sentiment he's been making on 'The Daily show' lately. "I think people feel a disappointment in that ther...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Madonna Blasted for Her Audience Etiquette
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Aunt Claims People 'Lust' Over Her Niece's Fortune and Want to Do Her Harm
- Woman Who Lost Leg in Boston Bombing Crosses Marathon Finish Line
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- ?Jurassic World' trailer hits the web
- All three members of Migos hip-hop group arrested after concert
- Jessie James Decker Admits She Has a Name Picked Out for Her Baby Boy, Reveals Plans for Even More Children
- Prince Harry Plays Wheelchair Football in Australia: See the Pics from Down Under!
- Conan O'Brien Reminds Writer to Focus on Their Own Show After Scribe's Rant About ''Prom King Comedy''