Posts with tag "jon stewart"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2011 at 02:34 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Tonight Show' vs. 'Daily Show' may be the latest battle in the late-night wars, as a surprise ratings report has NBC and Comedy Central clashing over who's on top. Is Jon Stewart, as the numbers suggest, now more popular than Jay Leno? For the first time, Stewart's 'The Daily Show' has bested Leno's 'Tonight Show' in a key segment of viewers. However, NBC execs, ever stubborn when it comes to...
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 01:22 PM by Christine Fenno
It was a night off this weekend for 'Saturday Night Live,' as nearly all the funniest folks in show business, 'SNL'-related and otherwise, were trading jokes and picking up prizes at the inaugural Comedy Awards. Producing network Comedy Central expects the awards to be an annual event. The ceremony this weekend was taped for broadcast April 10. No joke: A wealth of comedy stars crowded the red...
- Posted Feb 5th 2011 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
This week, fans of 'The Daily Show' did a double take as the intro music faded, and the camera zoomed in on Jon Stewart's desk. The host was missing, and in his chair sat one Justin Bieber, suited up with pen in hand for all the faux-news action. The short-lived premise was a silly body-switch involving a magical skull, and Stewart -- pretending to be the teen heartthrob trapped in the creaky...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 09:57 AM by AOL TV Editors
On 'The Daily Show' Matthew Perry and Jon Stewart reminisced about how they met, 15 years earlier, when Perry was a guest on a talk show Stewart was doing for Paramount. "I remember way back when, you asked me if I could potentially set you up with Jennifer Aniston," Perry brought up. "Yes," Stewart said, laughing. "Which I thought it was funny because I couldn't even get a date with...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 07:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
James Franco barely survived a harrowing experience on 'The Daily Show.' After having to get into character for his film '127 Hours,' where his character's arm was trapped in a rock collapse, it must have been eerie to suffer a similar calamity. As he explained it, "I was trying to get a Fun-Size Snickers bar out of the mini-fridge, and it came down on me and I can't get my arm out." Franco...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 04:55 PM by Jett Wells
Even when you're a comic superstar like Jon Stewart, it takes something monumental for a cable guy to beat out network titans like David Letterman and Jay Leno. Well, people, that time has come. It took an interview with President Barack Obama and 215,000 people rallying in costume, but Stewart's 'The Daily Show' finally edged out Letterman and Leno's ratings by a nose for October, according to...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 09:15 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's 'Rally to Restore Sanity' sent a bold statement to the country, but the crowds at the National Mall in Washington D.C. were more insane than any tear-filled Glenn Beck rant. It's hard to tell how many people showed up, but it was enough to fill the entire field and the adjacent streets -- we're talking hundreds of thousands of people from...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 02:32 PM by Christine Fenno
'Daily Show' host Jon Stewart was joined by Stephen Colbert in welcoming thousands to the National Mall for today's highly anticipated 'Rally to Restore Sanity.' The event, also billed as the 'Million Moderate March' and the 'Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear,' after Colbert chose to combine his 'March to Keep Fear Alive' with Stewart's 'Sanity' event (a logical, rational decision that was...
- Posted Oct 28th 2010 at 12:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Precious little information has been leaked about Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" in Washington, D.C. this Saturday -- until now. While Comedy Central continues to stay mum about the festivities, the Christian Science Monitor had the great fortune of acquiring the schedule portion of the National Park Service permit that was issued on Wednesday. If you're...
- Posted Oct 28th 2010 at 06:20 AM by AOL TV Editors
President Barack Obama made a historic appearance on 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,' and although you may think that Stewart's politics would make the interview easy -- the host was plenty tough on the commander in chief. When Obama ran for the presidency, his slogan was "YES WE CAN!" Criticizing Obama's term in office, Stewart offered a replacement slogan: "Yes we can, given certain...
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Idol Sends Home a Top 12 Contestant
- Indian Acid Attack Survivor Finds Love - and a Job as a TV News Anchor
- Cameron Diaz Talks Racy Sex Tape Scenes with Jason Segel: 'We Had Each Other's Backs'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Khloe Kardashian: What happened to her face?
- ?Booger' brings back all things 'Nerd' for a whole new generation
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Miley Cyrus calls out Katy Perry on Twitter over concert kissing controversy
- Scandal's Steamy Makeout, The Vampire Diaries Loses Two Fan Favorites and More OMG TV Moments!
- American Idol Elimination: Find Out Who Was Voted Off—Plus, Harry Connick Jr. Defends His "Harsh" Critiques
- Amber Heard Flashes Ring While on the Red Carpet With Fiancé Johnny Depp