Posts with tag "julia roberts"
- Posted Aug 16th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Rob Shuter
With Sly Stallone crushing Julia Roberts in this weekend's box office, Hollywood is asking what the heck happened to America's favorite pretty woman? Experts tell me that surprisingly (okay, more like shockingly), omnipresent and self-promoting stars like Kim Kardashian are to blame. "Julia has only headlined two films in almost 10 years -- discounting cameos and ensembles -- and so, like any...
- Posted Aug 14th 2010 at 02:22 PM by Zach Dionne
Before 'Eat Pray Love' could hope to recreate its mega-successful book run on the big screen, someone had to adapt the dang thing. That someone was Jennifer Salt (pictured above left) -- onetime actress in films like 'Midnight Cowboy' and 'Sisters,' more recently a writer on 'Nip/Tuck.' Salt, 65, has had uncannily similar experiences to those of 'Eat Pray Love' memoirist Elizabeth Gilbert --...
- Posted Aug 13th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Movie News
For women of a certain age, Julia Roberts is like a dinner of cotton candy and macaroni and cheese. She is comfort food for the soul. So lovely is she today that it is easy to forget that Julia has dodged many an image bullet, and the lovable actress is lucky that her personal drama played out before the advent of the 24/7 gossip news cycle. What gets us so jazzed about Julia's movies today...
- Posted Aug 11th 2010 at 07:01 AM by PopEater Staff
Julia Roberts looked sexy in little black shorts at the 'Eat Pray Love' premiere Tuesday night in New York. The actress wore a chic and simple suit by Stella McCartney and satin Roger Vivier heels. She hit the red carpet with Javier Bardem and some of the film's other leading men, including Billy Crudup and Richard Jenkins. Co-star James Franco missed out on the action. Based on the...
- Posted Aug 5th 2010 at 03:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
Anyone watching the trailers to 'Eat Pray Love' can see how fantastic Julia Roberts looks. How does she do it? She told David Letterman that it's simple: what keeps her looking amazingly young and beautiful are her three kids and "the love of a good man." So why is Alan Kalter, the announcer on 'Late Show,' making it sound like the actress suffers from varicose veins? "Can I just log a tiny...
- Posted Aug 5th 2010 at 11:42 AM by PopEater Staff
Julia Roberts believes "your face tells a story," and that's why the 42-year-old actress doesn't ever want to alter her life's narrative with plastic surgery, Botox or any other visage-altering treatments. In Hollywood, growing old gracefully is an endangered and even quaint idea, and Roberts can't understand why. "It's unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where...
- Posted Aug 4th 2010 at 07:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Mega movie star Julia Roberts is never going to get Botox--she'd prefer to see how she'll age. "I want my kids to know when I'm pissed, when I'm happy and when I'm confounded," the 'Pretty Woman' tells Elle Magazine for its September issue. "Your face tells a story and it shouldn't be a story about your drive to the doctor's office." The star of the upcoming flick, 'Eat Pray Love,' also talks...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 09:50 PM by PopEater Staff
Actor Eric Roberts, Julia Roberts' older brother, is joining the cast of VH1's Celebrity Rehab 4, RadarOnline.com reports. Roberts, 54, has moved into the Pasadena Recovery Center. No word on what Roberts is getting treated for though he was arrested in 1987 for cocaine possession and allegedly battled a cocaine problem into the '90s. The actor was most recently seen onscreen in 'The Dark...
- Posted Jul 9th 2010 at 07:00 PM by PopEater Staff
James Franco stars in the highly anticipated upcoming film 'Eat, Pray, Love' alongside America's biggest female movie star, Julia Roberts. Parade Magazine caught up with the actor and asked him about his love scenes with 'Pretty Woman' Roberts, his memorable stint on 'General Hospital' and why he loves school. In the interview, the actor-student-artist is clear about his reason for signing on...
- Posted Jul 3rd 2010 at 12:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Marketers are apparently banking on the fact that the target audience for the upcoming Julia Roberts vehicle 'Eat, Pray, Love,' single women of a certain age who are unhappy with their lives, are willing to whip out their credit cards to make themselves happier. Back in April, we wrote about Los Angeles-based jewelry company Dogeared, maker of pretty trinkets like "karma" and "chakra," inking...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Doctor in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola
- Lamar Odom Won't Sign Divorce Papers, Kardashians Haven't Heard from Him in Weeks
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Family-Friendly Dinner
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation